Chapter 151: A Night Tour in the Imperial Palace

It was lovely spring sunshine in the 4th lunar month. On both sides of the gurgling river, fragrant grass was abundant, the willow's young leaves stirred gently in wind, colorful butterflies and diligent bees flew about on the wildflowers, and charming yellow orioles sung on the branches.

A carriage stopped by the river. White Spot was the first to jump out of the carriage and ran to and fro on the shiny green grassland.

There were other sightseers on a spring outing by the river, who gathered in twos and threes, either taking a walk or sitting lazily in the sun on the grass. There was also a lively 13 to 14 years old girl, who was running on the grass while pulling a kite. Her spry laughter was as sweet-sounding as a silver bell.

Lei-Qin Le, Lei-Qin Zhong, and Lei-Qin Shun successively removed the woolen blankets, barbecue racks, charcoal, food ingredients, and so on from the carriage.

Manman raised his head and looked at other people's kites flying so high. He was envious. He shook Qin Mian's hand and said, "Dad, I want to fly a kite."

Qin Mian rubbed his small head, "Alright, no hurry. Ask your Old Dad to bring your kites."

Not far away, a teen boy and a teen girl sat together. Upon hearing what was said, they turned to look over, a little curious. How can such a small child fly kite?

Lei Tie took out four kites from the carriage. Once unfurled, they were two big kites and two small kites. The two small kites were a tiger and a black wolf.

A glimmer of surprise flashed through the teen boy's eyes. He had never seen such a small kite before. It was obvious that the father of two little children made it, especially for his children.

There were no stones on the grass, so Qin Mian didn't worry that the two little boys would get hurt. He put five-fingered gloves on the two little boys' hands to prevent the string from cutting their skins. Then, he gave them the two kites but didn't teach them how to fly the kites.

"Go to play."

Yuanyuan and Manman were not surprised by their Dad's attitude. If they couldn't fly a kite, they would have to find a way by themselves. They turned and watched how other people fly a kite.

Qin Mian embraced Lei Tie's shoulders and stood not far away.

The more open their actions were, the lesser others would think.

Yuanyuan pulled Manman's little hand, "Didi, drag the kite and run."

"En." Manman nodded with understanding. He grinned at his Old Dad and Dad before running with his Gege while dragging the kite.

Unfortunately, the little boys ran slow. Even if they understood how to fly a kite by looking, it was hard to maneuver. The little boys ran on the grass for a long time, but the kites didn't fly.

Both the teen boy and girl could not help laughing in a low voice. The other sightseers in the distance also looked at the two little children in amusement.

Yuanyuan and Manman looked at each other and ran to their Old Dad and Dad. Yuanyuan accidentally fell. As if nothing had happened, he got up, patted the grass on his legs, and continued to run.

"Dad, Old Dad, the kites can't fly."

Qin Mian squatted down in front of Yuanyuan and asked with a smile, "Does Yuanyuan know why?"

Yuanyuan said, "Didi and I are too small."

Manman put his small hand on his head as he added, "Gege and I are so much shorter than others with short arms and short legs. Running is slow, too."