Chapter 085: Selling Recipe

Qin Mian especially reminded Lei Xiangyi and Lei Xiangli to think of making a variety of cuisines. He would not let his relatives get involved in the wine house. He could only pull Lei Xiangyi and Lei Xiangli in this way. As for whether they would tell Du Shi, it did not matter to him.

Building a wine house required someone to buy building materials, someone to guard the materials, someone to supervise the work, and someone to take care of the food for the workers—it was certainly a big project. Qin Mian figured out which people could be employed in the village, and made a list of thirty people who were assigned jobs according to their abilities and levels. Uncle Zhao Wenzhong was literate and had been engaged in business for nearly ten years. Qin Mian specially invited him to work as an accountant to take charge of daily expenses. The workers in charge of the construction were professional craftsmen hired by Lei Tie from the county town.

This time, the project was very urgent and needed to be completed before the wheat harvest. When the busy farming season ushered in, there would be a serious shortage of manpower.

After all the work had been arranged, Qin Mian and Lei Tie were only responsible for supervising the work. Watching the money in their hands gradually became less, and the wine house transformed little by little, both of them were very satisfied. Even if they were very tired every day, they also felt it was worth it.

On the way to Running Water Town from Zhaoyang County, a luxurious carriage drove quietly, getting closer and closer to Running Water Town.

Near the entrance of the town, a hand lifted the curtain. The owner of the hand casually looked out and his eyes were swept across a construction site going ahead at full steam. He was not very concerned. When he was about to withdraw his gaze, he suddenly saw two familiar figures.

He quickly told the coachman outside, "Chunsheng, drive the carriage directly into the construction site."

"Yes, gongzi." Although Chunsheng took the order, he was not clear about the reason. When he inadvertently saw the two people talking at the construction site, he understood.

"The Lord of Heaven makes things easy for us." Qin Mian said to Lei Tie with a smile of joy on his face. "It hasn't rained these days, otherwise, the progress will be hindered."

Lei Tie held his hand tightly. "There's no need to rush. Even if it's dragged out until the busy farming season, we can hire people. It's nothing more than spending more money."

Qin Mian snorted, "You're all very well to talk, but getting things done is another matter. The head of the house knows the cost of firewood and rice!"

Lei Tie handed him the bamboo tube hanging on his arm, which contained cabbage and snow fungus soup, "En, [my] wife has worked hard."

Qin Mian pinched his burning hot ear lobes, took the tube, and drank the soup.

Nie Heng got out of the carriage, looked at the white brocade short boots on his feet, and hesitated for a moment. He still went over while carefully avoiding the bricks and gravel on the ground, and stopped in front of Qin Mian and Lei Tie. He cupped his hands in greeting and smiled, "Boss Qin and Boss Lei, how have you been?"

Qin Mian wiped the soup at the corner of his mouth with a handkerchief. He sized up the noble gongzi in front of him in doubt. He was sure that he did not know this person. He looked at Lei Tie and Lei Tie's expression also told him that he did not know.

Qin Mian felt awkward and his face did not show any inkling. He politely asked, "May I ask your excellency is?"

Nie Heng had to introduce himself again, "I'm Nie Heng. Last year, I mentioned with Boss Qin that I wanted to buy the recipe from Eating Savory Restaurant."