A Curious Thing

Storybrooke...

After a particularly creepy summoning of the dead, Regina had discovered just exactly what Zelena was planning to do, along with Belle's researching help. The Wicked Witch wanted to go back in time to before Cora had to give her up and kill Mary Margaret's mother, Princess Eva, for telling a secret that Cora was with child before she was engaged to Prince Leopold. Zelena had gotten ahold of Regina's resilient heart, David's courage, and still wanted Mary Margaret's baby for her spell, but they weren't going to let that hold them back.

Gathering together in Emma's hotel room, Mary Margaret, Y/n, David and her were merely waiting on Hook and Regina. Hook being late was not the most unthought of idea, but Regina being late had them all confused. She was never late. Finally, after waiting another few minutes, Regina finally walked in, a giddy smile upon her face as she stumbled through the door, all of them looking her over in bewilderment.

"Regina, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you look smitten," Mary Margaret commented as Regina caught her breath, fixing her hair and red dress.

Regina scoffed, but it lacked her usual snark, and said, "Well, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Häagen-Dazs is smitten with your stomach." Y/n and Emma shared a smirk at her deflection. Y/n knew there had to have been something going on with Regina and Robin Hood. The two were close, and Regina had trusted him to hide her heart, which she would not place lightly in anyone's hands. It wouldn't be out of the question for them to start a little dalliance. "Can we get started?"

"Yeah, we were just waiting for Hook," Y/n commented, folding her hands together over her crossed legs.

"I don't have time to wait for the Handless Wonder," Regina said, making Y/n lightly smile at the name in humor. "We have to figure out how to destroy my sister."

"For once, I agree with Regina. Stopping her plan is the priority," David spoke, looking among them.

"There's one thing about this plan that doesn't fit," Emma claimed, and gestured to the standing woman. "Regina."

Regina furrowed her eyebrows, saying, "I'm the point of it. So she can take my life for herself."

"Yes, but why bring you back to Storybrooke? Why bring any of us?" Emma continued.

"Emma has a point. What can she get here that she couldn't get in the Enchanted Forest?" Y/n questioned. The thoughts have been boggling her for some time now.

"Well, no one's ever succeeded at traveling through time. Perhaps something from this world makes it possible," Regina said with a shrug of her shoulders. "But what's almost as troubling is that she was able to cast the curse to bring us all here in the first place."

"Why is that?" Emma asked.

"To do it you have to give up the thing you love most," Regina revealed, and paused with a hesitant face. "From what I gather, Zelena doesn't love much."

"Neither did you. You managed."

At Emma's words, Regina's face dropped. Y/n gave her sister a 'what the hell' look for her comment, before David spoke up again from behind the couch, having got up to look and see if Hook was approaching. "Zelena's smart. Strategic. Perhaps we discovered something in the missing year to stop her."

"And then the only way to stop us from interfering was to bring us back here and wipe our memories," Mary Margaret finished for the both of them.

"If we get our memories back, we might already know what exactly can defeat this witch," Y/n spoke up, the epiphany hitting her.

"We just need to break this curse," David nodded.

"Well, thank goodness we have a savior," Mary Margaret stated, and Y/n shifted on the chair she was in as everyone looked at Emma.