23|Elmo The Introverted Monster

Audrey POV

Audrey POV

I breathe in as my lungs burn.

Huhhuh

"She's such a bitch."

I ignore the sweat that dripped from my temple down to my chin.

"Did you see her..."

Huh hhh

"She's such a whore."

My throat felt dry and slowly closing.

"She's gone, Dulzura." He wrapped his arms around her.

I swallowed my saliva harshly as my feet pounded the ground.

Huhh

My chest burned and hurt but not as much as my heart.

"Last lap!"

My feet pounded the ground along with the sad dreary feeling.

It felt like I was running away from everything. All my problems were left behind. All the comments resurfaced to make there mark before leaving.

Soon my pounding feet became a light stomp and the light stomp became a mere walk. The problems and worries slowly caught up. One by one they climbed to my chest and my shoulders. One by one they put as much weight as they could muster to make me out of breath.

* * *

"I hate you! I hate you!"

I sulk in a sigh as my conscious forcefully shoves the events and comments I want to forget.

"I hate you dad!"

I felt guilt and just so much it physically hurt to wake up. My head hurt probably because I kept remembering this all day. Or maybe it was the sleepless nights either way my head hurt.

"You ok." I felt warm breath against my ear. An arm wrapped itself around my shoulder pulling me to a chest.

"Yeah." I breathed airily.

"You sure?" He asked as if already knowing I was lying.

"No."

"Tell me what's wrong." We stepped outside.

Weighing my options I come to terms and answer.