31|I Know

a/n

Not one of my best works. It's really short and kind of rushed. Tell me, comment, what you guys think down below. At least it's an update:)

We're friends for seconds
We're friends for minutes
We're friends for hours
We're friends for today
We're strangers tomorrow

-the author

Audrey POV

5 missed calls

I frown as I check my phone. Who would call that many times?

Nadia peeps over my shoulder and whistles lowly as the name pops up.

5 missed calls from Silas

"Asshole has it bad." She smirked, her eyes tired and her smirk seemed painted on.

"Yeah." I nod smiling a bit pondering wether I should call back.

"Call him." She motions with her head towards the phone. "He didn't know what that bitch was up to. He didn't know, don't hold any grim feelings. It was a bloody long time ago Freckles." She pats my shoulder before walking a good distance between her and the bench where I sat.

I dial Silas's number and on the second ring he answers.

"Hey, shortie why didn't you answer? Where are you- Did you find Nadia?!" Scott interrupted Silas at mid question.

"Uh yeah- yeah I found her. We'll be back in a few minutes- I hope." I mumble the last part glancing back at Nadia.

There was shuffling on the other side of the phone before Silas spoke.

"If you want I can come pick you and Nadia up? I just need to know were you a-"

"No! That's- that's fine I uh we aren't that far from here. We'll be there in a few, OK Silas?"

There's a clearing of throat on the other side. "OK, love I'll see you then."

I nod as he hangs up. The heavy feeling gnaws on my chest.

* *

As soon as I open the door there's heavy footsteps clamoring closer. I look back and see Nadia's expression is stoic. Her shoulders tense back and her crossed arms seem crossed tight.

Scott shows up in the hallway and side steps me to get to Nadia, mumbling a hey before grabbing Nadia's forearm.

"Aye dipshit! Don't manhandle me-" her voice is muffled as she is soon out of range.

"Audrey?"

"Huh? Hey- hey." I cough avoiding his heated gaze.

He's silent and his hand reaches out to cup my cheek. His rough padded thumb rubs my cheekbone.

"What's wrong, love." He whispers looking down at me a few inches apart now. His dark eyes stare unwaveringly at mine. His hair in disarray as if he ran his fingers through constantly.

"Did I do something? You seemed off through the phone. I'm sorry, shortie."

I smile at his worrisome expression. He looked so adorable. His brows furrowed and his mouth adorned a frown. His eyes were soft like melted chocolate.

I shouldn't worry. I shouldn't think too far ahead or past. They dated, OK. They aren't together anymore. They don't look the least bit interested to reconcile. Why should I worry. It was the past. Now it's him and I. I just couldn't help but think how awkward this conversation would go.

"Yeah something was bothering me." I poke his cheek as his expression lightened a wee bit.

"Can I know what that something is." His other hand rose and settled on the nape of my neck.

"I know you dated Alyssa." His stance stilled and his eyes widened before he froze completely.

"Audrey- it was a long time ago. I was a naive, angsty little shit-" He swore his arms tightening around me.

"I was planning on telling you. I'm sorry I didn't any sooner-"

"I know. Nadia told me. She told me everything." I said running my fingers through his hair.

"I know you knew Scott, Derrick, and Nadia before. I know you and Alyssa were together for two years. I know she distanced you from your friends. I know you two broke up because she cheated."

"I'm sorry." He mumbled again. His arms that were wrapped around my waist pulled me closer. His cologne surrounded me as I rested my head on his chest.

"It's ok, Alyssa has done a lot of shit to both of us- all of us. It's not just to hold it against eachother, when you guys were pawns in her little game." I state reffering to him, Nadia, and Scott.

"I know that now. We should've invested our time finding out if what she said was true, but instead we jumped to conclusions. I'm glad however." He leans closer smiling warmly. My hands leave his hair and clasp loosely around his neck.

"If we hadn't done all that shit, I would've never had you in my arms." He murmured his chin resting on my head.

I resist the urge to squeal like a hyena and potentially ruin this moment with Silas. Lord Almighty, why is he so darn swoon worthy?

"You're so cute." He playfully frowns and pecks my cheek. "And you're adorable."

"Hey! You can't one up me!" I pout tugging the hair on his nape. His nose touched mine and he nuzzled his with mine.

"You are one of a kind."

"No I'm Audrey." He shakes his head pecks my forehead.