27.5|Halloween

Happy Halloween

Audrey POV

"So how old are you?" She emphasized the word 'are'.

"Uh 17." I tell her awkwardly.

"Hmm how much is that?" She pressed.

"Uh?" I stare at the little girl as she stared at me waiting for an answer.

"Stop bothering her Maggie." Silas sighed.

"Oh hush Las! I'm looking out for you." Maggie crossed her arms glaring at Silas like a mother would to their tot.

"17 is old." I open my mouth to say it's not in the kindest way possible but Silas beats me again.

"I'm 18 Maggie, a year older."

"I'm turning 18 soon!" I butt in only to receive a taunting reply by Silas.

"In 6 months."

Once Maggie turns around to Silas expectingly I stick out my tongue.

He rolls his eyes listens to Maggie rant.

"Cmon Maggie lets go pick up your costume." Silas cut her off.

"How do you manage to forget to buy a costume." I ask Silas as he picks up Maggie and holds her on his hip as if it's the most natural thing.

Damn he looks good...

No Audrey not now, be strong!

"It happens every year, love." He shrugged nonchalantly my heart basically melting at the endearment.

I nod and we make our way out the door.

"I want you dressed up by the time we're back bud!" Silas called out and a soft 'yeah' rang back.

A few days ago we all agreed to go to the new haunted house downtown and by we I mean Scott, Nadia, Silas, and me. Then yesterday Silas called and told us that he might arrive later than scheduled because he was going to take his siblings trick or treating. Silas said if we wanted we could tag along so when he'd finish he's drop off his siblings to his aunt's house and then after we could all go together downtown.

Scott said he was going to get everything ready for when we do leave so he couldn't come.

Nadia told him she was not good with kids at all and had no interest in changing that.

I had nothing to do and I already met them so I thought why not and decided to go.

Now here we are going to buy a costume because nobody remembered to buy one for Halloween.

I find it extremely astonishing how they forget to buy a costume when that's the whole point of Halloween.

We soon get to the store and find everything gone. Once filled aisles are now naked with a few rejected items here and there. Ripped packages decorate the floor and people litter everywhere trying to find something useful or or unripped.

"Oh..." Silas starts eye wide.

"Pop tarts." I finish.