Prologue

Fire truck sirens could be heard from miles away. The sound of burning wild flames, the choking smell of black smoke rising into the night sky and the extreme heat felt on the skin. The neighbors and passerby's watched in horror as the million dollar mansion burned up in flames. It was too late for the authorities now, as explosions sounded from every corner of the house, making it difficult and risky to enter and save the voices that called from within the fire.

Meanwhile, footsteps stomped down the backyard garden steps. He hurried down to get away not only from the fire but also from the arriving cops that might find him carrying a four year old girl over his shoulder.

"Mommy?" the child on his shoulder whimpered, as she looked back at the burning house.

"Shush!" the scruffy man growled at her. He was frustrated at himself. He could have just left her in the burning house. But, if he did, his plan would have never been successful. So he carried her down and away from the house, planning to leave her somewhere along the road without any sense of direction for home. The small, cute Caribbean girl was carried into a red sedan. He sat in the drivers seat, and looked at his rear view mirror. His eyes looked into the mirror, seeing what reflected behind him. He saw the flames on the hill, red and blue flickering lights too, then he looked at the small girl sitting as still as an obedient, clueless puppy behind him; she did not cry, instead, confusion could be seen in her eyes. She had no idea of what had happened tonight. She had no idea what had been taken away from her. It wasn't long before she began to give a soft whimper. The little girl began to cry softly for her mother and her father.

"Oh, shut it!" the man's voice yelled in a frustrated tone, but then all the more it made the child cry even harder. The man gave another growl before finally having enough of the kid, he got out of the car and took the child out of the backseat as well. The big man carried her to the back of the car where he opened the trunk and placed the crying child inside. Without giving another second look of sympathy he closed the car boot and got back into his car. Soon he started the engines of his red sedan and stepped on the gas to speed down the dark road.

#F1j1 #679
Hey guys!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my book. This first part may not make sense much but I assure you that as you read deeper into the story, you might refer back to this prologue as a vital piece of the climax.
So please do vote on it and comments will be much appreciated! And enjoy!

(Oh, and excuse the errors.....if there's any I missed?)
:)