Chapter 19

Ria walked up to the school's front gates on Monday morning. She felt a little insecure at first, she was so used to hiding herself under her long frizzy hair but now she had to put on a little confidence with her new hairdo. When Korene and Sky saw her in the hallway, they were amazed.

"OMG! What did you do to yourself during the weekend?" Korene asked.

"Did you cut your hair?" Sky asked.

"No shit Sky, her hair was obviously longer before," Korene rolled her eyes.

"I thought they were extensions?" Sky said.

The morning bell sounded and everyone dispersed from the school hallway for their last classes.

"Is that Algebra?" Ria asked.

"Yea," Korene answered.

"You guys go ahead, I'll just be quick," Ria said before entering the girls convenience. She came in looked at herself in the mirror to collect her thoughts for a moment. She looked new and thought that she would relive her first day of school once again today.

Two minutes later she rushed out to get to her first class. Ria approached the classroom and quickly opened the door to find everyone in their seats and glaring up at her. Ms. Flora was explaining something on the board when she entered.

"Ms. Ria, once again, you've interrupted my class," Ms. Flora stated, "I hope this isn't going to be a habit of yours."

"No, Ms. Flora, sorry," Ria quickly shook her head. Then she turned around to find a seat. Surprisingly looking around the room, she did not see the usual faces of those in her usual algebra class. Then she remembered that most of them had their classes rescheduled. Ria saw an empty seat behind Korene that she had spared for her. It was in the corner at the back of the room. As she made her way there, she actually thought she heard one of the boys from the back, who happened to look like Hayne's friend, make a low wolf whistle as she passed.

 As she made her way there, she actually thought she heard one of the boys from the back, who happened to look like Hayne's friend, make a low wolf whistle as she passed

"Hey pantry girl," she recognized the face of another friend of Hayne's that she paced past. She was looking to the side and accidentally bumped into the side of Alesia Samuels' desk.

"Hey! Get a grip!" she growled, making the other students around them laugh and chuckle. She flipped back her hair and flashed Ria a revolted glance. For a moment she was looking up at Ria in surprise, and recognized her face. She and Bianca studied her up and down seeing how pretty the girl with the ugly hair had become.

"Sorry," Ria said in a small voice. As she stepped past, to her surprise she saw in the second row and to be seated right behind Alesia, was Hayne.

"I will say this once, and just this once. All phones away during class!" Ms. Flora scolded at her students and especially eyeing Bianca who just rolled her eyes, "Now, Ms. Bryston! Now everyone turn over to page 23..." Ms. Flora began.