Chapter 4

Ria only spent seven months with Ms. Evelyn. By the time she was fifteen, she was taken to live in another foster home right in the city of Owert. Owert was somewhat of a small busy city; crowded, polluted and high in criminal activities.

Ria was taken to an apartment building, along the outskirts of town. They approached the fourth floor and there was where she met, Ms. Georgina Talion.

The other foster kids happened to be new in the city as well. Matt, who was 14 and Leo, 15, had just come in, two weeks ago. Hailee, aged 12 had just arrived a day before Ria while Cat, aged 15, had been with Ms. Talion for almost a month now.

Ms. Talion looked younger than the other foster moms that Ria had known. She liked to dress in tight short skirts with revealing tops and long black pantyhose. Her make-up was heavy and flawless on her face and her hair laid down her back smoothly. She always wore dark red lipstick and pointy high heels that'd go clicking all over the floor. Georgina, as she preferred to be called, set them out with chores to keeping her apartment tidy. She spoke with an attitude and walked like a model. Ria thought she might have been quite a stunner, but then, the stunner she thought she was turned out to be a spiteful woman.

The others began to wonder why Cat was always on her toes when Georgina was around. She made sure that everything was done as Georgina asked without any excuses or delay. Cat seemed to fear something in Georgina, and they all found out a few months later.

••••••

Hailee brought some pot plants into the apartment one afternoon. They consisted of blooming sunflowers and roses and lined them all up on the kitchen window sill.
When Georgina woke up in the morning, she told everyone at breakfast to scrub the balcony after school. Then when she turned to the kitchen, she froze when she saw the pot plants on the window sill.

"What the hell is that doing on my window?" she asked in a scary soft tone.

"Oh, I got them from my science class yesterday and-"

"Throw them out," Georgina just said. Hailee was staggered while the others looked to them in surprise, from the kitchen table.

"But, Georgina it's a-"

"Take, them, down," Georgina replied even more clearly. Hailee stared up at her, hoping she would change her mind if she could just explain why she'd brought them.

"Please Georgina my science teacher-"

"Take the fucking plants off my damn window!" the woman raised her voice. Everyone was taken back in a shocking surprise. After those words, she casually walked back to her room and shut the door. The table became quiet for a long moment. Everyone exchanged glances of surprise, before Cat walked up to comfort young Hailee.

"Sshh....don't cry," Cat said to the sobbing girl, "She can't stand crying kids, Hailee. Come on, let's get ready for school."
It was after that day, that they all began to realize the true nature of Georgina Talion. She became quite vulgar and verbally abusive on all of them. They eventually found out that she was a hooker downtown, who had just been made a foster caregiver for the state money she'd get from it. This was something, Ria had not expected along her foster life journey.

And so Georgina began to be even more cruel on all of them. To the point where she became sadistic about it.

"You're a bastard child, that's why!" she told Matt one day, when he slightly messed up the laundry, shrinking some of their clothes. "No wonder you can't get shit done!"

••••

"If you didn't look like a lousy fat old hag, then maybe you would've cleaned this place up a lot faster before bringing my friends over!" Georgina said to Cat, criticizing the girl's big size.

•••

"Try growing a bigger dick if ya want bigger grades than this!" she told Leo, when they came with their report cards.

•••

"What are you looking at!" she said to Ria one night; being annoyed by the girl's constant gawking.

"Nothing," Ria shook her head in quick reply.

"Nothing? Let me tell you whatcha lookin' at....You're lookin' at Owert's baddest bitch, honey," Georgina bragged as she fixed her hair. That night she was in a sleeveless bustier, mini skirt and tight pantyhose. "I'm going out for a big girl's party. Now you be a good little girl and clean up my bedroom before I get back at midnight. Got that?" Ria watched as she made her way out the door for the night.

••••

Ria had another bad dream, this time she clearly heard a voice scream out her name from inside the fire. She woke up at around 1am in the morning and looked around finding herself back in her room. She reminded herself once again that it was just a dream. She looked to her right and saw Cat fast asleep then she got out of bed, and headed to the kitchen.
After taking in her midnight milk, she heard the apartment door open. She heard groans and movement in the living room and saw shadows through the kitchen opening. Ria heard a man's voice and drew closer to the wall to hide, and thought it might be a burglar. She slid towards the kitchen doorway to give a small look.

From the kitchen, she saw two people in the dark. When they moved to the lamp light on the side stool, she saw them in each other's arms. Georgina, lip-locking with another man, while making their way to her room and loosening as much clothes on them as they could. Ria closed her eyes and turned her back, against the wall again. She waited until they were in the room and had closed the door before she quickly made her way back into the girls room. She didn't want to think about what they were doing, it made her want to hurl and throw up; and she hoped she wouldn't have to live with this every night.

Hey readers,
Enjoying the book so far?  😕
Well, there's more to come and pliz do vote and leave comments if u wanna! 😉