Chapter 51

The final period school bell sounded through the hallways and a few minutes later the hallway began to fill up with students heading down to their lockers. Bianca strolled out of Algebra without her phone, which was confiscated by Ms.Flora during class. She was pouting all the way and looking annoyed because she would not be replying back to her foreign boyfriend s' messages in time.

"This is so unfair!" she cried to Alesia, who just rolled her eyes and did not want to be bothered by her predicament. "I wasn't on my phone the whole time she was talking."

"You weren't supposed to be on your phone at all," Renae told her. "Just give it till the end of the day, you should get it back by then."

"I can't wait that long!" she whined. Alesia stopped and glared when she saw Hayne and Ria walking together towards Ria's locker. She folded her arms and squinted her eyes as she felt a rush of fury flow through her veins, seeing the girl she despised being pretty close to the guy she loved. She was not pleased at all by what she was seeing.

"...okay you gotta tell me how you did that?" Hayne told Ria after she had snatched his expensive fountain pen from his pocket without him noticing.

"Did what?" she asked holding up his phone as well.

"What the-" he muttered when he finally realised his pocket was empty.

"You should really be a lot more careful with what you put in your pockets you know," she chuckled as she also gave him his car keys. Hayne frowned at how easy it was for Ria to pick his pockets.

"How the hell were your hands able to pull out all these stuff from my left jacket pocket without me noticing a thing?!"

"Rich kids are just much easier to steal from," she told him as she slot her books into her locker, "You people never really notice anything's missing till you have to use it, and when you can't find it you just buy another new one."

"Oh, so you've fitted me into that category then?" Hayne said looking disappointed at the stereotypical comment.

"Okay, fine I'll break it down to you," Ria rolled her eyes before turning to him, "First you study your prey then you go in for the kill, right? So, depending on the outlook of the shape of your uniform pockets anyone could make out a phone is in there and when you moved, that same pocket made a jingling sound that keys make. When we came out of the lecture rooms after class you have other kids rushing out at the same time as well to get to the hallway so you're physically in contact with someone all the time. I just had to make my movements feel like it was just another physical contact." Hayne's frown turned upside down and he gave an impressed expression instead. "It's just some survival skill I picked up along the way."

"Survival skills?!!" Hayne chuckled. "Hhm! Robbing the rich?"

"To feed the poor, " she added raising an eyebrow, "But unlike most street kids that get caught, I put in place a set of rules for us. So there are limits."

"Hey, what if I dared you to grab Brian's wallet ?" Hayne stated.

"I already told you, Hayne," Ria said in a serious tone as she began taking out her books for her next class, "I made a vow to Mr.Harber that I'll never do this again. I just had pick your pockets coz you couldn't stop babbling about how you had 'sharp senses' and that you'd notice if someone were in the process of stealing from you. So I had to prove a point."

"Nah you just wanted to prove me wrong," Hayne stated in disagreement, "Like you always try to."

"And I do love to," she nodded with a sly smile. "Does the cafeteria ever have a Carribbean theme?"

"They've everything except Carribbean, it's annoying,"

"Why didn't you do something about it when you were student body president then?"