Chapter 15

"Oh my god," Bianca said when she saw Ria from across the cafeteria. They saw her for the first time with her wild unbrushed hair, hidden face and sloppy walk. She had just gotten herself a tray of lunch from the counter with Korene and Skylar and they were coming back when they heard Bianca, purposely whisper out loud, "Who enrolled the 'witch of the Woods' into Glenroy!" Ria chose to forget the mockery and just walk ahead, following Korene and Skylar to an outdoor table. Alesia looked to the side and just cocked her flawless eyebrow. Then she turned back to take out her blusher and do her makeup.

"Are we seriously going to the same school with that thing?" she added in her sharp tone.

"I think she's the new girl," Bianca replied, "Not that we need to know of."

Then she held up her phone to take a selfie to post online. Then she took a picture of Ria out on the foyer and she also posted it up with the caption, 'latest walking disaster of Glenroy! #ugh!'

In five minutes the post had, already had 2000 views and about 20 comments.

••••••

Thursday morning, Lynn walked into Mr. Harber's office with a few files at hand for him to check. After she handed it to him on his desk, he looked through and gave a thumbs up.

"All good?"

"Yea. Do I have any more cases to attend to today?" Mr. Harber asked.

"Ahm.....nope, not today," Lynn answered, "Oh, I just remembered. I was supposed to take Ria to see Malory Milton this Saturday. But I'm afraid I have my cousin's wedding to attend this weekend."

"Malory Milton?"

"Yea. The orphanage matron who found her outside the orphanage," Lynn reminded.

"Oh right. Okay, uh.......I can take her there instead," Mr. Harber decided. "I'm quite free this Saturday, so I'll be able to take her to see the matron."

"Really? That'd be great, coz she really wanted to meet her badly. I'll give you the address and then I'll give her niece a call and tell her to expect the both of you on Saturday morning," Lynn nodded, before leaving the office.

"Sure. Thanks Lynn,"

••••••

"Computer programming is that interesting?" Ria asked Korene as they exited the school building.

"Totally. Right now, my dad and Google, are trying to figure out ways to minimise carbon emissions from using the internet. One suggestion though was advising users to type in the actual websites into the URL, instead of searching it down. It releases at least-" Korene suddenly stopped when they were caught by surprise to be approached by Hayne.

"Tell my mom that I can't pick up the new printer today," he told Ria. Korene and Skylar exchanged a shocking glance.

"Can't you just call her?" Ria asked.

"She lost her phone yesterday, how the hell am I supposed to contact her," he answered.

"And the reason is?" Ria asked.

"Just tell 'emI can't pick it up," he replied being annoyed."

Alesia Samuels stood some meters away. She turned around she saw them before she was about to get into her bright blue convertible. Her eyes narrowed and lips twitched; she began to wonder, what was Hayne doing talking to the girl with the ugly hair.

"That's the reason you want me to give to her?" Ria raised her eyebrows. "Won't she be, 'pissed'?"

"That's not for you to be concerned about," he said, before he was about to walk away he looked to Korene to greet her, "Korene..."