Chapter 39

In the evening, they turned into the driveway of a lovely little hotel apartment to check in for the night. Hayne dropped the girls off before going to park the car. Lynn and Ria entered the lobby and approached the lady at the reception. They noticed a lot of people coming into that inn as well, with their suitcases and bags.

"Hi, we'd like to check in to three rooms," Lynn told her.

"I am so sorry but we are fully booked," the lady told them. "Like seriously! That guy just got the last empty room and our lakeside suites are still under renovation."

"What?!" Lynn slapped her head in frustration. "You have got to be kidding me..."

"Do you know any other motels nearby?" Ria asked.

"Bronstead," the lady nodded, "It's about fifty miles from here."

"Great," Lynn replied sarcastically. "We might as well sleep in our car." They turned away from the reception desk to head back to the door when they heard a couple came quarrelling into the lobby from the staircase. The husband was trailing behind his wife with their bags, simultaneously exchanging heated words with each other.

"...you just ruined our anniversary all over again!" the woman yelled at her husband.

"At least I remembered it and tried to do something about it compared to Brian and Montana! Who even without the need to celebrate their marriage they still manage to live happily ever after," her husband yelled back.

"All I wanted was for us to go through one day without a fight and you just had to bring that crap up!" Ria and Lynn watched as they stomped past the reception, the wife threw their room key over the counter and left the inn with her grumpy husband.

"Mr and Mrs. Benson....already checking out?" the lady at the reception called out to them as they left. Then she turned to her recent guests. "Looks like our Lovers Haven suite is available."

Lynn looked to Ria who returned her a narrow look.

"I don't know about you and Hayne, but I am not riding another fifty miles to the nearest motel. My legs are cramped from sitting in the car too long," Lynn walked right over to the reception lady once again to claim the recently made available room.

•••

When Hayne arrived to the room with their bags, there was a questionable look on his face. He looked around the spacious room, there was one king size bed, a mini fridge, two drawers and a cupboard, a flat screen, a soft leather couch, one bathroom and a balcony.

"You got us only one room?" he asked with a cocked eyebrow. Lynn took her bag to find some essentials while Ria helped herself to something in the fridge.

"This was the only one available," Lynn replied. "Unless you wanna drive for another few hours to the nearest motel?"

"Few hours? That's how far the nearest motel is?" he cried in disbelief. "This inn is fully booked? How 'bout those rooms on the east wing?"

"They're under renovation," Ria answered before she headed out to the balcony.

Five minutes later, Lynn was in a swim suit and towel getting ready to use the pool for a late night swim. Ria saw her from the balcony, she gave a wave through the closed screen door before she went back to her novel. She was sitting out on the balcony, feeling the lovely chills of the cool night on her skin while listening away to her music through her earphones.

"I am heading out to the pool," Lynn told Hayne before going out. "You?"

"I think I'll just take a shower," he replied while he scrolled through his iPhone.