Chapter 6

When Ria and Cat went to confront Leo, he just brushed them off, telling them to mind their own business. He told them that, whatever was happening between him and Georgina was only between them. He was completely different, he had changed. Even his buddies realized it when they went out drinking, some nights.

But the girls knew it was too late, Georgina had already had him under her claws now. They finally realized it after they saw Leo walk out of the master bedroom one morning in his boxes. Cat glared from the kitchen stove, while Ria suddenly lost her appetite and went straight back to her room.

••••••

"Nah, I don't see Leo anymore," Matt told them while he focussed on the video game in his hands. "I don't know where he's been these days?"

"Can you get through to him?" Ria pleaded, but he just gave a slight shrug.

"If they get caught by the state, Georgina is going to be in big trouble!" Cat replied.

"I know. And I guess I don't really care," Matt added.

"Sometimes you can be such a dick, Matt," Cat replied. "You care about no one but yourself."

"Okay, fine. Look," Matt finally put down the device, "Leo is becoming a grown ass man. What the hell, the guy's eighteen! He's already legal."

"But he's still under the state until he graduates high school,"

"But that doesn't matter to him," Matt added, "He can disown himself from the state right now if he wants to. And he can. I'm just saying, if he wants to continue sleeping with that hoe we can't hold him back, even if we try."

"I've had enough of this, I'm going to bed," Cat said as she stood up to walk out of the boys room.

"Me too. It just makes sick, thinking about it," Ria added. "Gotta get up early tomorrow."

"Early? School doesn't even start till three weeks!" Matt replied.

"I got a summer six grade math group to tutor," Ria answered.

"Well, I'm spending the night at Kyle's tonight," Matt replied.  "Have some serious gaming business to get down to. See you suckers later."

••••

That night, Ria woke up again. Not because of a nightmare she had but this time, she rose to the sound of Fred coming into the apartment, drunk as usual. She sat up to look at the time and saw that it was 11.47pm. She rubbed her eyes and tried to go back to sleep. But the second she lay back on her pillow to shut her eyes, she heard the sudden bang of a door and a furious yell after that. Ria was startled and got up to listen.

"You whore!" shouted Fred, "Who's that punk!"

"Fred, what the fuck are you-Fred-" Georgina's voice sounded and she gave a squeal.

"Who is he!" Fred shouted again. "Come here, you little son of a-" Ria heard struggles and movements.

"No Fred!" Georgina yelled out. "What the fucking hell-"

"I'll teach ya not to-" Fred was laying repeated punches on someone, "Screw with her!" He was drunk, rowdy and aggressive and he pushed Georgina to the corner where she knocked over the lamp. Fred had dragged the bloody man from the bed and finished him off on the floor.

"What's happening?" Cat asked, sitting up from her bed as well. Ria was walking towards the door to see what was going on outside.

"I-I don't know," she answered. She opened the door ajar and saw Georgina, struggling in Fred's big arms. His hands were stained with someone's blood and he began forcing Georgina to come back to the bedroom.