Chapter 21

The scene at Georgina's apartment seeped into her mind. Seeing the lifeless body of Leo on the floor, lying in his own blood. The body that used to stand tall, that used to walk across the living room, that used to talk to them, laugh with them and protect them like an older brother. He had only spent 18 years on earth.
Then, going to Fred. The worthless, disgusting drunkard who had almost ripped the life out of her as well, when he tried to cut off the air in her windpipe. And then tried to rape her roommate in front of her. It seemed too much to bear.

"Ria?" the sound of Dr. Bates' voice brought her back to the white therapy room. "Ria..."

"What?" she asked trying to figure out what he had questioned her, a minute ago.

"You looked like you were in a totally different world," he said, pulling off his glasses. Ria stared down at the tiles before trying to shake the memory off her mind. "Wanna tell me what you were thinking about?"
Her eyes moved across the floor, and looked out the window catching a glimpse of the orange afternoon clouds. She didn't want to go over that memory again, she wished she had the ability to erase it from her mind like a folder in a computer; it made her shudder every time she thought about it.

"Uhh.........no," she answered in a small voice.
But Dr. Bates saw right through her, he could still see that she was disturbed in some way. She was still keeping something inside, that she needed to share but was afraid to. He guessed it was the experience and the time she had been in her last foster home.

"Alright. That should be it for today," Dr. Bates said as he gathered his notes. She was getting ready to leave when he spoke again, "Can I see you again, next week?"

"Uhh.....yea. Sure," she nodded. Then they both left the room and entered the waiting room.
Mrs. Harber had just come in to take Ria away. Dr. Bates wanted to speak with her alone, so Mrs. Harber sent Ria ahead to wait in the car.

"How is she?" Mrs. Harber asked.

"She's still disturbed, something's bothering her," the doctor said, "I called her five times before she could finally answer me today. She was in a deep thought about something. I don't know what it was, because she couldn't tell me."

"Well, what do you think it's about?" Mrs. Harber questioned again.

"Since we've gone over her early years at the orphanage, she shouldn't be too interrupted by that harsh memory. So this time, she might be going over her latest experience at her last foster home," he replied.