Chapter 42

The plane landed at the Santa Fey airport an hour after it took off from Norton. Dameon walked out to where a rental black Mercedes waited for him on the driveway. He got on the drivers seat and drove down the road and into the city. Santa Fey County had changed quite a lot from the last time he had been there two years ago. With bigger and brilliant buildings and towers, more people and especially millionaires from the across the globe were moving in; buying lots along the coasts and on the outer islands.

Dameon drove through the city that mid-noon to meet one of his good friends who lived downtown. He came to an A class apartment building, he parked the car by the footpath and got off to walk up to the building. He came up to the top floor where he knocked on apartment 402. The door was opened by a tall beautiful brunette who was still in her knickers and a silky long night robe. She gave Dameon a coquettish smile while she looked at him from top to bottom.

"Hi," she grinned.

"Hi. Is Mac around?" he asked.

"Mac!" the girl called out when she gave a quick look behind her, before turning back to Dameon, "There's a hot guy here to see you." They heard movements from inside the apartment, then steps sounded from the stairs. Dameon looked beyond the girl and saw his friend appear from the corner. He was a short guy, well built and quite a lady charmer. Mac was still buttoning his shirt when he saw Dameon at the door.

"Dam! Hey!" he exclaimed as he came up to him and gave his friend a big bear hug, "Come here! I never thought you'd come back to SFC!"

"Yea, me neither," Dameon replied. He followed Mac in after closing the door behind him. The tall brunette in her knickers, walked to the kitchen counter as Mac and Dameon came to the luxurious living room. "You've been busy." Dameon stated, giving the girl a glance.

"Ahah! There's a lot to do on Saturday after a long Friday night. You gotta spend more time here to find that out," Mac laughed.

"Yea? Well I don't think I'll be able to stay that long," Dameon replied.

"You're going back today?" his friend asked being disappointed. "Oh come on, you don't have to go back to Norton till tomorrow? Or maybe after a few days? We still have a lot to catch up on, man! And where's AJ? I haven't seen that prick since that Winsconet Christmas party. But Sam was here last week. He crashed in here for a few nights after his girlfriend kicked him out of their apartment. Haha!"

"What's that dude up to these days?"

"The usual. He's been messing around, picking up girls from the bar every night," Mac answered. "We go out, party hard, and while I come back to a nice apartment with a hot chick, he goes home to an infuriated girlfriend!"

"Can't believe Natalia's still with him," Dameon stated.

"Mac," the brunette was coming down the glass staircase, clothed in a pair of tight shorts and a crop top with stiletto heels; and she was headed for the door, "I'm gonna go now. Thanks for last night." Mac just gave a nod while he kept looking through his phone. "My number's on the fridge.....if ever wanna give me a call..." She gave Dameon a wink before walking out.

"Is she a regular?" Dameon asked.

"What?" Mac looked up and gave a chuckle, "Aha! Nah, she's just another girl I met in the club last night..... I forgot her name, though."

"You always forget their names,"

"Right. But hey man, you chose to show up at the right time. There's a massive celebration happening at the Grand Orpton tonight. We're throwing our 30th anniversary party! And you know what that means..."

"Oh man, I-"

"We can party hard like the old times! Taking some champagne and girls out on the yacht after hitting Down30!" Mac exclaimed.