Chapter 24

"Five more laps boys, come on!" the Welsh school coach shouted at the top of his voice from the sideline. The boys were on the school grounds, training for their upcoming match against the Danger Ducks of Delston High. The cheerleaders were on the left corner of the field practicing a new routine while simultaneously checking out the ruggers in their short shorts and fitting vests. The boys ran from the score line to the 10 meter mark and Hayne was upfront, leading them back and forth. Afterwards they were split to two groups and tested their defence and attacking skills on the field. The way Hayne's muscles contracted in his arms and legs, his big hands throwing the ball cleverly to the side and making a flip pass to the back; the girls on the sideline were squealing with excitement.

"Isn't he so good!" one of them smiled, as she waved her pompom in the air.

"Do you think Luke's new haircut is hot?" another asked.

"Totes!"

"Whoohoo! Go Brian!" a brunette cheerleader cheered out when Brian secured a flip pass from Hayne to head towards the score line.

"I was making out with him at his party last Saturday," the dark haired cheerleader with the clear blue eyes stated. The girls went on conversing to themselves and more giggles and laughs sounded front the sidelines. Hayne turned his head to the side for the ball when his eyes met the girls in uniform. The blonde cheerleader gave a little wave and Hayne grinned back. His grin made them squeal even louder.

"I think he's got eyes on you, Sienna!" one of the girls told their vice captain.

"Of course he does. Now with that bitch out of the way," the pretty blond replied. "We can stop being so secretive."

"Finally?"

"Finally," the girl repeated.

"Our cheer captain will not be too pleased to hear about that," one of the girls laughed. "He is Alesia's ex, and didn't we make a rule about dating each other's exes in the cheer squad? No dating an ex, without consent?"

"That's a rule we can bend while she's temporarily excused from the squad and not gonna be able to cheer with us at the Cheerleading competition this month since she's attending another one of their family fashion annual runways," Sienna said, "So in the meantime, I will be in charge."

"Uuu.... Hayne's having a party at his place this weekend!" the redhead exclaimed.

"Hhm....sounds like the perfect time to get real close to him," the girls cheered at their vice captain.

"L-O-V-E! What does it stand for? Sienna and Haynee!" the redhead cheered out loud, shaking her pompoms dramatically in the air.

•••••

In the cafeteria, Hayne and Alesia sat away from each other and as Alesia glared from across the hall, the blonde cheerleader was getting pretty close to Hayne at his table. Her mind running wild with all the things she wanted to do to hurt the girl. She felt like pulling out her blond strands and setting it on fire or taking her by the neck to wring it on her head.

"Alesia?" Renae asked, bringing her gaze back to their table. "Weren't you listening to what I said?"

"HHhm?" Alesia asked, "Oh yea........right. Great idea."

"I was talking about my Lab class, and how my lab partner ditched me with all the work?" Renae reminded.

"Oh right. That...." Alesia replied. "So....Hayne's having a party this Friday night, right? After their game?"

"You're not getting any ideas to attend it, are you?" Bianca asked, looking up from her phone.

"No," she answered truthfully, "Not yet."