Chapter 5

Three years later....

She watched closely from the bench as people hurriedly walked into the silver lined, white train. She stayed close to the grafittied wall and acted like she was waiting for a parent. Finally, her target catches her eye after she scanned the underground station filled with people. Black coat, heavy suitcase, sleek lustrous hair and a gold tooth gleamed between his lips as he mouthed whatever he read on the LED screen showing the train time schedules. He looked to check the time on his platinum gold Rolex. She tied her kinky curls back as she got up to walk towards him.

He was heading straight for the doors, grumpily sliding past everyone else. He wanted to reach them before they closed. Then he suddenly felt himself bump into a teenager. This made him lose his temper and cuss at her under his breath.

"I am so sorry," she apologized.

"Watch where ya going ya lil', argh! Never mind," he growled seeing how the train doors shut close just a few more steps ahead of him. "Gawd dammit!" The train began to move and took off. He stepped knowing he would have to wait for next one and wondered how long that would take. It would just be a few minutes. He raised his wrist to check his time but found nothing on it. No sign of his priced gold Rolex on his wrist and it made him even more infuriated. After looking around the floor thinking he might have dropped, he did not think the watch could have slipped off his wrist that easy. He suddenly thought of the young, negroid kinky haired girl in red sweat pants who had bumped into him earlier. He looked around the station but, the girl would be long gone by now with his $500 watch.

Meanwhile, she rushed out if the subway and onto the street to cross.

"Ria! What took you so long?" the tall skinny boy who looked a little younger than her asked as he stood near the hot dog stand. "I've got a cyber tournament of get to!"

"Geez Matt, relax," she replied calmly before she held up the watch in front of him. "How much do ya think this will fetch us at Mopets?"

"Whoa! Where'd you manage to pick those?!" Matt's eyes lit up at the prize and wanted to take a closer look at it.

"Not here, let's scoot before the guy happens to come out of the subway and sees me standing here," she said before they hurried away. "Remember that rude, racist man in the train who hated my guts?"

"No way!" Matt laughed out loud.

An hour later, they were walking out of the local pawn shop with a load of cash in their pockets. They stopped at a bakery where Ria wanted to buy a hot white custard pie and two sweet buns.

"Shit! I'm gonna be late, Kyle's gonna kill me," Matt said trying to make them walk a little faster.

"What's the deal with this gaming tournament anyway?" Ria asked.

"Ria. This tournament will change my life! First players to beat the infinity level in Wrath Vader's Conquest get to win a quarter of a million dollars!" Matt almost squealed. "Kyle and I are currently the top of our pool and we're trying to make it into the quarters..." Matt went on talking as he walked ahead while Ria rushed down a narrow alley lane and came to a big box where a frail homeless woman popped her head out.

"Shia, Shia dat you?" the old woman saidin a grumpy tone.

"Marla, what the hell are you doing in here. Can you please use the tent right there!" Ria scolded. "You gonna get yourself and somebody sick if you keep sleeping in here without anything to cover your head from rains at night."

"I smell sometin good!" she replied.

"Yep, finally got you what you wished for," Ria smiled, "White custard pie and not one or three or four but specifically-"