Chapter 53

Zeebee. That was a name he had not heard in a long time. Dominic Pele paused for a moment after Dameon had mentioned that name, he then broke away from his long thoughtful gaze to reach for his tools and get back to his work.

"Me neva know who you speak of," he said as continued working under the car. Dameon gave AJ another annoyed glance, he walked up to the back of the old car to see the mechanic who kept ignoring his questions.

"......Then maybe allow us to refresh your memory," Dameon replied, "Two decades, six years ago Zebedee Peptoni fell crazy in love with a beautiful girl named Leyah Sebana. He went out with her for a while but it didn't last long so he stalked her till he found out she married the boy she grew up with and they had a beautiful family together." Dameon knew now he was slowly crawling under the man's skin when the expression on Dominic's face became blank and he seemed to phase into deep thought as he stared at nothing once again. Dameon thought the man was strange by the way he glared for a long while.

"He got himself into trouble one day. Got caught in a big mess he couldn't get out of, so he went to her for help but when she probably turned him down, he burned down her house with everyone in it........" AJ continued.

"We know......he ran away....... changed his identity......." Dameon added, "and with his new disguise he came back and opened up a mechanic shop. And named it right after that girl he had fallen crazy in love with...." The man suddenly rolled out from under the car and got up on his feet to give Dameon a piercing glare.

"Who duh hell are you!" he growled.

"I'm the one looking into the tragic death of my aunt; Leyah, Delilah, Sebana," Dameon spoke with equivalent intensity in his eyes. Dominic's face turned pale, he looked away as if he did not want to be a reminded of such tragedy that happened a long time ago.

"I.....don' kno' who dat tis," he shook his head in denial. "Get out of my shop or I will call-"

"The police?" Dameon quickly snapped back at him, "Go ahead. Let's just see who they end up taking to the station when you do." The man finally gave a sigh and shook his head, knowing he would not be able to deny his hidden identity any longer.

"If i's answers you are lookin' for, you came to de wrong place," he finally replied before walking across the room to grab another different tool off a shelf. ".......How did you fin' me?"

"....that's none of your concern," Dameon replied.

"We're the one's who came here to ask the questions," AJ added.

"Hhmm," he chuckled, "You all have your ways. You Sebana lot, you all de same."

"What's that supposed mean?" AJ frowned.

"You manipulate an' take whatever you want. You care about expanding your empire across de entire world. Money an' power above ev'rytin'." Dameon growled.

"We didn't come here for you to vent out your anger on our family business, Zebedee," AJ told him. "We came to find out about what happened between you and Aunt Leyah when you went to see them exactly one week before their mansion burnt down in Santa Fey. You were involved with her from the start were you not?" The man gave no attention to the question as he opened the cars' hood to block their intimidating looks at him. He stayed silent as if he was willing to keep from disclosing what he knew. But what was most peculiar to was how distraught it also made him look at times. Dameon stepped forward to see beyond the car hood and he caught a sight of Zebedee who discreetly and very quickly took some pills in from a small white prescription bottle that he later placed in his pocket.

"She was the love of my life before she became dat bastard's pathetic housewife," he spat out in rage as he clenched his fist, he looked up and saw Dameon studying the expression on his face. "I don't know anyt'in' about dat fire. And even if I did, why would I tell ya, yuh probably already recodin dis conversation to give me up to da police." Dameon removed his jacket and pulled out his phone along with AJ to prove they had no active recording device on them.