Chapter 20

Lynn was looking into all records of fires that happened eighteen years ago. In her findings she saw that forty-two fires occurred across the country, in that year alone. Seven of them were commercial building fires while the rest were residential.

"This is gonna be one heck of a work," she said to herself, "Okay let's see...which one could you be in, Ria?"

••••••

Down the long, elegant hallway, the slim, tall and beautiful, tanned skin woman strode down in a fitting panel dress of black and white stripes and fabulous Gucci heels. Her long brown hair was always up in a perfect bun, her lips in thick red lipstick, eyes and high cheekbones free from wrinkles, making her look half her age. Then whenever she walked, she always walked like a boss that no one would dare to mess with.

She entered the front hall and found her daughter coming in from the front door.

"Mom," Alesia smiled as she walked into her stunning mother's arms.

"Hello, darling. How was school today?" she spoke.

"Okay. How was your trip in the weekend?"

"Oh, Berlin was beautiful," the woman rolled her flashy eyes that Alesia had obviously inherited. "But Amsterdam was way too congested."

"Oh I cannot stand crowded places like that!" Alesia cringed her nose, "So suffocating."

"That's why I didn't stay too long," she said, then she took a look at Alesia's face. "Your under eyes are showing some dead skin cells, darling. Try seeing Dr. Stephen about it tomorrow."

"My under eyes?" Alesia stated in horror as she held her face up then turned to the big carved mirror on the wall.

"Mother!" the woman called to Alesia's fashionably looking grandmother, who had just come out of the grand dining room.

"Back so soon, Devie?" the old woman asked as her daughter came up to give her a kiss on the cheeks.

"Yes. I had to come back in time for our second family white party," she answered. "Wouldn't miss the launching of our new whiskey brand, for the world."

"Hhm," the old woman smiled.

"Just as I look forward to the will press conference?"

"Now Devlin, there's no need to rush into that,"

"Oh Mama. Then how are we supposed to know whether we have any shares in this company at all? I think it's been long overdue, Mama. Don't you think so too?" Devlin replied. "We need to confirm our place as the most powerful women in Norton city and the most successful in the world." Her mother gave a sigh, before looking back at her.

"We can't rush your father," she just stated.

"How is he by the way?"

"The doctor's say that, they need to do another surgery on him soon to slow down the cancer," she answered.

"I hope grandpa will be fine," Alesia said sadly. Her grandma stroke the side of her chin and gave an assuring smile, while Devlin gazed out the windows with a thoughtful look as she folded her arms. "Well, I'm also looking forward to the next white party coz this time, I'm definitely bringing Hayne!"

"Your imaginary boyfriend?" her grandmother asked.

"My official, boyfriend grandma!" Alesia rolled her eyes.

"That boy you've been chasing since twelfth grade?" her grandmother let out a smile.

"You're gonna love him, mom,"