Chapter 28

Three months later....

Ria was once again, back at Dr. Bates' therapy room. She talked about what she had gone through the last few weeks.

She had just joined her school's inter college feud and made it to the finals where they unfortunately lost to another prestigious school in the south. She talked about the fourth fire case she found with Lynn that might've been connected to her past and how it didn't go as expected. She talked about her friends, from Korene to Sky and Cat and Matt. Then the topic went on to Hayne, which she tried to avoid.

Ria explained her feelings and how she had tried to be nice and friendly with him but the guy just takes her friendliness and dumps it down a drain. Ria ended up avoiding him in every possible way. So once or twice a week, she'd see him either at home or school, but she didn't want to be around him that often. He still gave her a hard time around the house, leaving things that she had to clean up, doing things that she took the blame for and ordering her all over the place. It left her silently frustrated inside!

"So if, he's been giving you a hard time..." Dr. Bates asked her from across the room, "Did you ask him about his past love?" Ria thought about his question once again, she wondered how she was suppose to answer that.

"I......don't know," she thought. "I guess I felt sorry for him because of...........that?"

"Only that?" he cocked an eyebrow at her.

".....well, fine. I admit I did have a crush on him at first. But.......what girl doesn't?" she shrugged back. "But I've had enough. After he's made a fool of me and keeps treating me like an outcast from the streets, I just.... I've had enough of him."

"Your friends know about the crush?"

"I'll only be too embarrassed to tell them, besides its not that huge of a crush anyway,"

"Okay. I think that comes to the end of our session today," Dr. Bates said, dismissing Ria from the therapy room. "Feel free to come around again any other time for an appointment Ria."

"Thanks Dr. Bates," she nodded. Then she headed out if the therapy clinic and walked out to the roadside where she was surprised to see Mrs. Harber waiting in her car. "Mrs. Harber! I thought Danny was coming to pick me up?"

"He called, saying he was going out of town for some days. And I've just kicked off from work at 4pm. So I thought I'd come pick you up," she spoke from the driver's seat.

"Oh, well in that case, I'm gonna have to arrange something for tomorrow. I have to see Lynn about another case she's got," Ria said, as they drove down the street.

"I can ask Hayne to pick you up-"

"No it's okay, I'll take the bus," Ria quickly replied.

"You sure you don't want a car of your own, Ria?" Mrs. Harber asked.

"I'm afraid I'm still on a drivers license ban, Mrs. Harber after that little incident with the instructor. But I'm totally okay with taking the bus," she said with an assuring smile.

••••••

They met at the grand room with the fireplace, Devlin Samuels was by the drapes of the long windows staring out at the night sky, Marlia was seated at the big arm chair with a glass of white wine, Jarrod was by the grand piano, pressing in a few keys he knew while they all waited for Bastian to enter through the double doors. Devlin was in a deep blue panel dress, her hair falling over her shoulders and face radiant with makeup. Beautiful Marlia was in a short pencil skirt and a draped blouse while Jarrod had a grey suit jacket worn outside a green v-neck shirt and blue pair of denim jeans. Bastian entered the room in his usual black suit and tie.