Chapter 1

⚠️WARNING⚠️

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

1.) I own ALL copyrights for my book. The uploading, copying, scanning or distribution of this book in ANY WAY - including but not limited to mechanical, electronically, recording, photocopying or otherwise - without the permission of the author is ILLEGAL and punishable by law. Do not copy this story or post it on any website.

2.) This book is a work of fiction. All characters, names, locations and situations are products of the author's imagination or are fictitious. Any similarities or resemblance to locations, events or actual persons, living or deceased, is completely coincidental.

3.) Please do not be offended by these rules. As an author, I am only protecting my rights for my work. Your understanding, compliance and support is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

*******************

Cast

 (Jessica Green as Brenya Blackwell)

And....

 (David Gandy as Dristan Draconian)

*************

I kept my eyes cast downward as I knelt in the mud in line with the other girls from my village who'd come of age this year. The unrelenting rain had already soaked through my cloak, chilling me to my core. It would take at least an hour to scrub all of this damned mud from my already stained dress.

I glanced sideways at the two soldiers, leisurely working their way down the line of kneeling women. At their pace, I'd be kneeling here for another thirty minutes at the least. Listening to the sounds around me, staring blankly at the puddle before me, I waited. I listened to the faint squashing of boots on the sodden ground, the soft whispers of the villagers gathered across the road as they watched us and the teeth chattering of the girls at my sides.