Chapter 23

(NOTE: This is the second chapter update of the day, so be sure to read them in order! Enjoy! 😘)

*****************

 (Pictured above : Matt Lanter as Ronan Regulus)

*********************

"Wait here. They'll announce you in a few minutes, at which time, you will make your appearance and descend the staircase. When you reach the bottom, people are going to want to meet you. I know it'll be a bit overwhelming, just do your best. Myself, Dristan, Warrick and Torryn will all be there if you need us. These people have been waiting a long time to see you. They have a great amount of love and admiration for you, so try to keep that in mind, okay?"

I nodded numbly at Andromeda as she adjusted the low shoulders of my tight, red dress. She gave me a beaming smile as she stepped back.

"You look perfect." She said.

"Thank you, Andromeda..." I whispered, butterflies swarming around inside of my gut.

"Please, call me Andi." She said. I smiled at her.

"See you down there." She winked at me and turned, disappearing around the corner of the hallway which led into the main entrance and grand staircase of the ballroom.

I heard a loud voice, echoing through the large room, as she made her way down the staircase.

"Announcing the arrival of Lady Andromeda Price, third in command and intended wife of Lord Dristan Draconian."

An eruption of applause sounded, drowning out the strange music filling the hallway. I'd never heard music like this before. It sounded futuristic, and sensual. The beat pounded through the floor and resonated through my heels, and up my legs. I felt the booming bass thundering inside of my chest, filling me with it's enticing rhythm. This was not a traditional ball, like the ones I'd heard stories of that were held in the human king's castle.

I grimaced at the sound of Andromeda's title, but pushed it away. I would not dwell on things I could not control. Not anymore... I was ready to embrace my future and the responsibilities I had to my crown. And I would do it with as much positivity as I could manage. That's what my parents would've wanted.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the moment we have all been awaiting! May I have the pleasure of introducing for the first time, High Lady Brenya Avery Alemaund, The last of the elemental bloodline, Princess, and heir to the Fae throne!"

Silence fell, aside from the music, and I took a deep breath as I walked toward the stairs. Time seemed to slow down and the music faded away from my senses as I stopped at the top of the staircase and gazed down at the scene below.