Chapter 30

******************

******************

"We be finished now, Princess!" The brownie twins chimed in unison as they beamed at me in the reflection of the mirror.

I gave them both a polite smile as I looked over myself. They'd been working on preparing me for the engagement party for two hours, now. They had re-waxed me, scrubbed every inch of me with a painful, gritty substance, and had even done my fingernails and toenails. My hair had been left down, falling in elegant, soft waves over my back. They'd done my makeup to perfection, giving me a warm, natural looking glow.

"Princess Brenya's dress be on the bed. Go puts in on!" They added, tugging at my hands. I stood up and let them lead me into the bedroom. When my eyes fell upon the dress my jaw dropped. It was extravagant. The material was gold colored and covered in tiny rhinestones.

The brownies helped me into the dress, careful to avoid smudging their masterpiece that was my face. They brought me a pair of shoes, which were black, and made me look much taller than I really was. When they were finished, they stepped away and I gazed into the floor length mirror, my eyes wide.

Every Time I shifted, the light sparkled off of the dress, causing thousands of glittering sparkles to bounce off of the rhinestones

Every Time I shifted, the light sparkled off of the dress, causing thousands of glittering sparkles to bounce off of the rhinestones. The dress was tight fitting, extenuating every curve and dip of my body. The back was open and cut very, very low.

I looked...

"You be looking like royalty, tonight!" The brownies chimed, finishing my thought for me. I raised my brows briefly and sighed, turning this way and that, as I examined myself.

"I certainly do. Thank you for your help, my friends." I said, turning to them.

Their eyes grew wide, and their ears perked up as they glanced at each other and then back at me. I raised a brow at them.

Suddenly, they both fell to their knees and bowed at my feet, trembling. Startled, I took a step back.

"Thank you! Thank you, Princess! We not be being worthy of these praises!" They cried with shaky voices, not meeting my eyes.