Chapter 12

Hey dolls!
Just a quick heads up, this is the LONGEST chapter in the book so far. It has been, by far, the most difficult to write. This chapter is packed with new information. I tried to explain it all as smoothly as possible, but if there is anything you are confused about, please comment! I'm happy to answer any questions you have! Thanks so much for reading, I hope you enjoy the chapter! ❤️

******************

 *******************

*******************

The next day, breakfast was awkward to say the least. Dristan's strange behavior the night before still weighed heavily in my thoughts, but after awhile I decided to push it to the back of my mind. There were more important things to think about today. It was time to get some answers.

It was difficult to ask questions between the delicious mouthfuls of buttermilk waffles, fried eggs and smoked, hickory bacon, but I managed. Dristan had even brewed some coffee! I'd never had it before.

He served it to me with a spoonful of sugar and a splash of cream. It was the strangest, most delicious thing I'd ever tasted. I was already on my third cup.

"So, what is an elemental?" I asked.

"Don't drink anymore coffee after that cup, Brenya." Dristan scolded, stuffing a forkful of syrup coated waffle into his mouth.

"You are so bossy!" I complained, sipping the fragrant beverage. "Stop ordering me around."

He pursed his lips at me. "Fine. Overdose on caffeine if you wish, but don't come crying to me when your heart explodes." He shrugged.

I nearly choked and some of the hot liquid ran down my chin. I cleared my throat and set the mug down, subtly switching to orange juice. He smirked and crunched into his bacon as I wiped my chin.

"Will you please stop distracting me and answer my question?" I muttered. I cut my second helping of waffle into small portions as we spoke. I was still full from last night, but I just couldn't stop eating!

He sighed. "Elementals are a rare type of Fae. They have control over the elements. Earth, fire, water and air. It's been said that an elemental's power extends even further beyond that, but it isn't known for sure."

"Hmm.." I murmured. "And you're sure that's what I am?"

"I'm sure." He said with a nod.

"I don't understand how. I don't have any powers. I don't even look Fae. It doesn't make any sense." I said while stabbing at my food.