Authors Note

(Not an update. Sorry.)

******************

(Warning: This A/N contains a cringe worthy amount of gifs. I'm not sorry.)

*******************

Hey my loves.
I have some unfortunate news... 😬
Due to finals approaching, my mother recently having surgery, a crazy work schedule and the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday...
I will not be able to update tomorrow as scheduled.

 I'm so sorry! I know that so many of you look forward to Friday updates and it kills me when I cannot deliver that for you! *falls to knees* FORGIVE ME!!!

*falls to knees* FORGIVE ME!!!

I have been like the walking dead this week. My mother had surgery to remove her gallbladder last week and she is 62 years old. She has other medical conditions that cause her to recover more slowly than an average person, which I won't go into detail about. She has been relying on me to care for her during this time. Due to that, on top of studying and work, I have not had time to work on the new chapter.

 Look, it's me

Look, it's me. ^ Ha..Haha... 
*fake laughter, hiding real pain*

In all seriousness, this is very difficult for me to have to type out. I HATE letting my readers down. I know that many of you will be very supportive and tell me it's okay, to put myself first, and all of that... which is SO sweet. I truly appreciate the support. But I hope you know that it truly does hurt my heart when I can't devote myself entirely to writing this book! 😭 I hope you'll all understand and forgive me.

This brings me to my next wave of bad news... *everyone holds hands as we brace for impact*

Due to the grip on my own sanity slipping... I will be taking a 2 week break from writing. You can expect an update on Friday, November 29th.

Some of you probably look like this right now...

Or maybe like this...

I totally understand!! I feel the same way

I totally understand!! I feel the same way. *low lip trembles*

But, as I said, the semester is coming to a close and finals are swiftly approaching... Where are my fellow college students at? Y'all know my struggle!! *fist bump as we ugly cry*

Also, with Thanksgiving next week, and all of the stress and family drama involved with that whole ordeal, I will have my hands full. If your family is as dysfunctional as mine is, I know you'll understand EXACTLY what I mean. 😂

Trying to push out a chapter amidst all of the holiday craziness would be not only be stressful, but rushed. And I REFUSE to rush this book.

I want to release chapters that I know I've given my all to. And though you might be saddened by this, I promise that you'll thank me in the long run when the chapters are longer and better than they would've been otherwise! ☺️

I really need this break to get caught up, to focus on school, and to have a little bit of time to spend with my family. Again, I hope you'll understand. As much as it hurts me to disappoint you all, I'm looking forward to catching a little break. *exasperated sigh*

But there IS a bright side to all of this bad news!! I ALSO have some VERY GOOD news about the book!! But I'm not telling you yet. 😈 I will be letting you know what that good news is very soon. Stay tuned...

  I hope that everyone has a very happy, safe, and delicious Thanksgiving! I plan to spend a lot of time reflecting on all of the blessings in my life. There are so many things that I am eternally grateful for. One of those blessings is YOU GUYS!! I love you all so dearly, and I appreciate every single one of you. Thank you so much for reading, for supporting me, and for always being so kind.

 You're all amazing

You're all amazing. 🖤

Happy holidays and I will see you on the 29th!

Love and light,
-Kailey