Chapter 3: Queen Heda

We ran and ran and ran. Did I mention I hate running?

"Wait we are losing her!" I shouted as we turned a corner. We came face to face with a barbed wire fence.

"Its a firewall."
"I don't understand." I said turning to Lexa.

"You'll never get to the kill switch."
I turned around and faced Jasper who was slowly walking toward us down the alley. Lexa drew her swords.

I held out my hand to Lexa.
"Its okay." I told her as I walked forward slowly.

"Jasper, what are you doing here?"

"Trying to stop you. You've seen the city of light now it's perfect. There's peace, happiness, safety. Why would you want to deny that to anyone?"

"She's torturing people to get them here, Jasper. Taking their memories, controlling them. This isnt even you. This is Alie."

"She's doing what has to be done-"
"She took away our choice. Human beings have free will. We get to decide how we should live."

"Human beings are the only species that act against their own self-interest. We torture each other. We fight, hurt each other, break each other's hearts. Non of that exists here. Alie is protecting us from ourselves."
Jasper retorted.

"Serafina. There is still time. We'll find another sign let's go." I looked to Lexa before looking back at Jasper.

We started to walk around him but he blocked our way.

"We can't let you do that."
I looked farther down the alley to see Jaha and a large number of people behind him.

"There is no where to run. It's over. The second A.I. can no longer protect you!" I ignored Jaha's words and turned back to Lexa.

"If I remove the flame, will it stop the update?"

"Yes but no ones ever done that by choice before. Regardless, you'll be one of them. Alie will get the flame either way."

"Then stop fighting." Jasper interjected.

"Sera." I followed Lexa's eyes to the wall on our right. It was a door.

Suddenly an image of a raven showed up on the door. Raven? Raven! You smart girl!

"Raven." I said with a smile.

Jasper realizing what is happening jumped in front of the door.

"Jasper get out of the way." I said following him.

Lexa punches him on the face and the people behind Jaha started running.

"We can't let them follow. Go, I'll hold them off."

"No, Lexa!"

She turned back to me.

"Tell Clarke that I love her. You are the new Queen Heda Serafina. Take care of my people."

She started running to the crowd and I opened the door climbing in.

A change of scenery was followed by a bright light.

Is this the Ark?

"Airlock sealed" An automated voice said.

"Commander.." I turned around to see a woman. The flame gave me the knowledge of who she was.

"I'm glad you made it."

I walked toward her.
"Your Becca Pramheda."

"Becca's fine. There isnt much time. The code is nearly updated. This is the kill switch." She told me as we walked over to the center table.