Chapter 20: Intervention

The next morning when I woke up I realized I felt numb but then I looked over to my son. He was my life. I had to continue for him. (Outfit above.)

I got up and put on my sparring clothes and strapped my swords to my waist. Dilling my fingers in the bowl of black blood I had for this specific use I applied it to my face before leaving the room.

After shutting the door I faced Ivan. "I need to spar." He nodded. Him and seven others escorted me to the rotunda.

There I sparred with three male warriors but each fell in minutes to my blade.

"How about sister against sister?" I smirked at her.

"Are you sure? I have quite alot of emotions right now?" I noticed a we had begun to draw a crowd. No one had ever seen me and her fighteach other. I noticed warriors running to the fence to see their leaders fight. Then I saw him. He was standing beside Clarke and madi.

I turned back to Octavia.

"Till the first draw blood?" She nodded and took off her cloak.

"Would someone please fetch a healer I'm sure the bloodreina will need them soon enough." They people laughed at my words. She shook her head.

"Says you. I don't flinch when I get cut." I smirked at her as we circled each other.

"Remember sister you offered this." She nodded.

"I know you need to take your emotions out of something might as well be this." I nodded before I took a testing swing at her neck but she blocked me.

I jumped as she swiped low and I spun away as she sliced diagonally. I ducked and dodged a few more times before I striked. I elbowed her arm with the sword and flipped her to the ground using her own weight against her and put my knee on her chest. But I wasnt done yet. I needed more so I stood up and backed up letting her rise again. She gave me a confused look and I nodded.

"Again."
"Sister-"
"Again!" I shouted as I got into my stance. This time I drew both blades and she did as well.

We went back and forth swinging and attacking. We dodged and threw eachother off balance until finally after two hours of solid hard time fighting it got to the point were we were both bruised up but she was the only one with a cut to the cheek. It was deep. She huffed out of breath hands on her knees as I leaned on a wall holding my left arm.

"Damn you." She rasped.
I chuckled.

"Did you expect me to go easy?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"No but I didn't expect you to want to go for that long. I knew you were holding alot in but dear lord Sera."

I sheathed my swords after I got my breath back. I now had a bruise on the side of my face, back, left upper arm, and on both knees. And by god did I feel it all.

Suddenly remembering we had a audience I looked up. What seemed to be every member of wonkru aroud around the arena. All in silence. I had just beaten the bloodreina in front of them. I think they were in shock. It was completely silent.

"Are you better now?" She turned to me. It hit me then that she did this so I could feel better about losing Bellamy to Echo. I nodded and wiped the blood from her cheek.

"Thank you." I whispered to her.

"Go get cleaned up. We have things to do." Indra said through the fence. I nodded.

"Wear a dress sister. It's time you started again." I gave her a confused look but nodded none the less.

Making my way up the rotunda ramp I passed Bellamy but grabbed Clarke as I walked by. She walked beside me as I made my way to my room.

She cleaned me up and then moved on the Octavia, I'm sure.

I bathed quickly after telling the guards not to let anyone in and then dressed.

Making my way to the office I noticed all of the advisors in there as I walked to my fur throne

"What is going on?" I asked the room after I sat down.

"We need to make a decision. About who leads the attack against Diyoza and who stays in the desert with the injured and reinforcements." I gave her a confused look.

"What she is trying to say is non of us want you on the battle field with the prince." I suddenly realized exactly what this is and then started laughing. They all looked at me confused.

I looked to Indra and Octavia.
"You had me get dressed up nice for a god damn intervention?" Octavia smirked and nodded. I chuckled once more.

"So lay it on me. Why shouldn't I be on the battle field?" They all went silent. I looked to Gaia and Indra.

"Well?"

"Your too emotional and might not be mentally stable." I sat there thinking for a second.

"You think that I am mentally weak and can't handle leading?" No one answered but it was clear enough.

I didn't know how to deal with this. Is this a coup? You know what I'm done.

"Are you all calling me weak? Yes or no?" I looked to Octavia.

"The only person here who is mentally unstable is you Octavia. We have all been pulling you out of the darkness for some time now. Suddenly I get one broken heart and I can't lead. No." I spat at her.

I stood up and faced them.

"Octavia leads the first wave. I lead the second and take care of the injured. Then we both lead the third wave together. Anyone have a problem with that?"