Chapter 15: Fanatic

I stood over a map as we surveyed each area and path to get to the valley. I only agreed to think because we are running our of food. My son will need to eat and be somewhere safe.

"They don't know we're coming. So all three northern passes will be open. But the village will be fortefide. Where's the water source?" I asked Ivan.

"Here." He pointed to the map.

"What are you thinking?" Octavia asked me.

"My question exactly."

"Miller your orders were to go-"
"I know my orders. I think we should listen to what Clarke has to say." He told Cooper.

I turned around and looked at Bellamy and Clarke.

"Well?" Octavia asked them.
"You cant take the sea route." Clarke told us.

"Why? You said the sea is gone-"
"So is it passable or not?" Octavia finished my sentence again. Bellamy gave us both a wierd look.

"Yes. Maybe..but you have to understand-"

"Maybe is good enough for me." Bellamy stepped in front of me causing my guards to draw their swords and guns. I help my hand up.

"Stand down." Octavia said from behind me.

"Please just hear us out." He whispered. I took a step back and heard Octavia speak aloud.

"Eli." I nodded.

I turned back to the table and motioned to the map for Clarke.

"We are all on the same team. No one wants to get to that valley more than me. It's my home. But this way is too risky."

"Risky how?" Indra asked her.

"Show me." I asked softly. What if Eli could get hurt. I need to know.

"You chose the shortest route, which is smart but the dry seabed is hit by almost constant sandstorms."

"We have the tents from the second dawn. Sand won'tbe a problem." Octavia told her. I nodded.

"Its not just sand. Some of it crystallized in primfaya. I'm talking shards glass like razor blades. Your tents will be torn to shreds and so will you."

"Bloodreina is right. Besides we can only carry rations for seven days. The sea route will take six. The next shortest path adds fifty miles. That's another two days if we are lucky."

"How do we know there won't be sandstorms on the longer routes?" Indra asked Clarke.

Sighing I sat down on a nearby chair my head throbbing from the impact of that cannon last night.

"My queen?" I looked up at Indra and noticed the rest of them looking at me.

"I'm fine. It's just my head." 

"Enough. We are doing this. The hydrofarm is barely feeding us now. So, if this is the last living valley on earth then it should be ours." Octavia said.

"Diyoza thinks the same thing." Bellamy chimed in.

"And so we fight." I smiled.
"You sound like Roan, Tavia." I taunted her. She smirked.

"But I never fight like him now do I sister?" I shook my head. At least I could get her to play around once and a while.

"Shall we go check on him?" She held her hand out to me and I nodded.

"Check on who?" Bellamy asked his eyes on me.

I turned to look at him and smiled softly before taking Octavia's hand.
"Our son." I said as I walked past him.

I left before I could see his face.

----------------

The royal guards, my son, Indra, and I walked next to Octavia as we marched to Shallow Valley. Once my son got tired of walking Ivan had offered to carry him instead of me, which was very nice of him.

We marched and marched until nightful where we brought things we could burn and made a fire. They put up tents and things for us to sit on while we shared our rations.

"We honor those who died so that we might live." Octavia said with her eyes closed.
"Omon gon oson." We all said as we passed around the ration. (All of me for all of us.)

Each time we took a bit we would repeat the saying. It was hard eating plants and baked human flesh. We had to turn into cannibals. Thankfully the rations didnt look like it was actually human flesh.

"Your brother loves you, Octavia." Indra told her.

"Love is weakness." I scoffed.
"You love Eli. Is that weakness?"

"Gaia's teachings no doubt. I hoped she was beyond such nonsense."

"It isn't nonsense.....love no one and no one can hurt you." She told Indra.

"I love you and Serafina. Does that make me weak?" She asked O.

"I would never say that to you, seda."

I looked over my shoulder and saw Bellamy staring at me. I sighed and looked forward again.

"Talk to him." I looked to Octavia.
"What do I say?"

"Tell him about Eli." I nodded and stood up.

I walked over and sat next to him.

"I didn't expect you to come over." He said in a low voice. I nodded.

"I know. Neither did I."

"What's his name?" He asked me with big eyes. I smiled. He looked just like him.

"Marcellus Elijah Blake. It means-"
"Little warrior." I nodded.

"Help!!" I stood up as my guards ran to me.

"We need help!" I turned to Ivan.
"Eli?"

"In his tent my queen." I took off running to his tent and found him fast asleep. I turned meaning to find guards to put at his door when I stopped running into a chest.

Bellamy. He was staring at him.
"Does he know who I am?" He whispered. I nodded.

I grabbed his hand walking out and turned to the twins.
"Stay here with him until I return."

They both nodded and stood by the entrance of the tent. Dropping bellamy's hand I went to the source of the yelling that was bound to wake my son up.

"What the hell is going on?"
"Its a sandstorm." I heard Clarke say. My head snapped to her.
"Can we outrun it?"

"As long as the wind keeps moving laterally we should be safe but if the wind shifts..."

"The wind hasn't met Wonkru." I heard Octavia say. I rolled my eyes. She's such a fanatic.