Chapter 25: Real Heda

War had come. Madi and I left with Eli in the rover.

"So what's your plan?" I asked while I drove the rover toward the direction we assumed camp was.

"After I win the war...we take out the flame and put it in you. For now I will be acting heda but we both know you are going to be the commander." I nodded.

We had been kidnapped by Echo and saved by Clarke all in the matter of a day. Now Clarke went to stop the transport ship while Echo(ugh), Madi, Eli, Murphy, and I went to save wonkru. And the entire time I made sure I had Eli's and my own bag with our things. Boss.

------------

We drove into the middle of the gorge and fired on the enemy while everyone hopped in. Murphy and Emori got in while I simple ignored Bellamys looks and drove the rover away and out of the gorge. On our way back to camp.

I had a feeling my son wasn't happy with him either because he too avoided his looks as well from the passenger seat.

"Yeah!!!" I heard Murphy yell from the back. I laughed for the first time in a long time. I just saved my general and my flame keeper along with my sister and ex boyfriend.

We were awesome.

It was an hours drive before we finally found the camp. As we pulled up gunners took aim at the rover.

"Little help. Little help. We have wounded." Murphy said jumping out of the back.

People began to move with Indra and Gaia to a tent while Eli, Madi, and I stayed in the rover. Everyone else began to get out.

"What do we do?" Eli asked me.

"We lead them. Together." I told them both.

Ignoring the budding between Bellamy and Echo...I hoped out with my child on my left and Madi on my right. We stood together as we got out and looked over the people who were now watching us.

"Heda ste going gon kep klin yumi." Someone yelled from the crowd. (The commander is going to save us.)

Suddenly I heard orders being yelled out.
"Bloodreina is coming. Protect your commander and queen." I looked to him shocked.

Bellamy and Echo blocked the way as Octavia walked forward sword in hand.

"O. She saved us."

"Let her pass." Madi said. I nodded to her in approval as she looked up at me.

"Heda that is not a good idea-"
"She said let her pass spy." I spat at Echo.

Reluctantly they both stepped aside and I felt Madi take a step closer to me.

Slowly she slammed her sword into the ground and then kneeled before bowing her head. I watched as the gunners and people around her did the same. Soon enough everyone was bowing. Believing it was only right to do so I took a step away from Madi..I was about to kneel when she spoke up.

"No." I paused and everyone around us looked confused too.

"You do not bow to me. You are the rightful commander Queen heda." I smiled at her. But then she began to bow and I held my sons hand as we looked over everyone. Even without the flame in my head they would still follow me. That's loyalty.

-----------------

I sat in my tent with Eli and Madi as the morning sun peaked over the sand dunes. I could hear the sound of the army forming up.

"Who leads the army you or me?" She asked.

"Both of us." I looked to Eli.
"You will follow I want you to stay beside Ivan the entire time." He nodded.

Earlier this morning I got dressed but this time in the heda gear. The circle on my forehead and the crown.

My bag would be with me the whole way

My bag would be with me the whole way. I wouldn't lose my mothers crown, my crowns, and my sons belongings.

"Queen Heda." I looked to Madi who had just walked in with Murphy.

"We are ready." I gave her a confused look.

"For what child?" I was confused as they walked over and she sat on a chair next to me.

"The ascension." I sighed.
"I don't know if it's the right time." She gave me a look.
"The commanders told me so. Do it murphy."

"Ascende superious." I watched as it came out if her head and he said another word I couldn't quite catch before I felt the pain.

It was as if the back of my head was being pulled off.

Then there was darkness.

-------------

"What have you done!?"

"The commanders said she would need their guidance in the war. They told me to."

"Well why isn't she waking up?" Was that Octavia?

Soon enough I felt the feeling in my toes and feet come back. Then I sat up with a gasp. I could hear them. The voices. It was time to leave for war.

I looked around the room. Every single advisor was in the tent except maybe Gaia. We would come back for her.

"Heda?" I looked to Indra. The voices in my head quickly grew angry.

"Not heda indra. Queen Heda." She nodded with a bow.

"Sorry I snapped. They didn't like me being called heda for some reason." She smiled and nodded. I was learning as I went.

"Mount up. It's time to leave." I looked to Madi and Octavia.

"You two will go with me and first battalion. My son and the prince will go with the royal guard." Everyone nodded and I got to my feet.

This was our war.

Bellamy and the others drove the rover while I was leading the army with Madi and Octavia. Just like we had originally planned.