Chapter 13: Its Blood

"Five years can you really survive up there?" Octavia said into the radio as we sat in our office.

Bellamy had apparently survived and made it to the island. They had made a plan to go back up onto the ring of the ark that was left behind.

"Raven says we can. As soon as it's safe we'llfind a way back down. How is she?"

"She is right here. She loves you. And she wants to kick your ass for leaving and not saying goodbye." I said into the radio.

"We will meet again. I love you both."

"We will be here waiting. Under the floor." I laughed at Octavia's words.

"I love you big brother. I guess it takes the end of the world for me to say it."

Suddenly the screen goes black and all we hear is static. I start to cry and so does Octavia.

Indra comes in and we wipe our faces.

"It's time. I know your both tired but we have to focus. On the chosen now. 1,200 people await your orders. When to eat, where to sleep, how to live. The unrest will turn to violence. I've seen it before. You both need to lead them."

Octavia looked at me then back to Indra.
"I'm not a commander."

"The time of the commanders is past. The time of the flame is past. This is your time. Both of you." I took a knife and cut my hand.

"The blood means nothing anymore O. We do this together." I said as I put in on my face. It looked just like Lexa's now.

Indra turned to me and gave me my crown while she gave Octavia the circle that went on Lexa's forehead.

I buckled my shoulder pad on with the black cloth while O wore the red one Lexa had used. Both of us strapping on our swords we made our way out of the office to the rotunda.

"This is it. We are all that remains of the human race." I said stoically.

"We won't lie to you. Its gonna be hard. The next five years won't be easy. There will be days when we wish we were out there right now. But we promise you..if we stand together. If we are wonkru, then..."

"Kom fulao oson gyon op." (From the ashes we will rise.) I told them with a smile.

Suddenly a loud rumbling could be heard from above.

"Steady!" I shouted to the hall. The obeyed and we all looked up.

Primfaya was here.

---------------------

*2 months later*

It has been hard on all of us. It's been two months since primfaya and Bellamy left. I found out last week I was pregnant and now we were running now on protein food. Octavia came up with the idea that was necessary to save us but I would have no part in it. People had come to call her the red queen while I was called Queen Heda still.

We had to fend off an attack by skaikru who had taken the mess hall and farm but we took care of that. Surprisingly enough the leader of the coup was now Octavia's trusted advisor while Indra was still mine. Indra is still the general of the army though. Then seven months later I gave birth to a baby boy. His name was Marcellus Elijah Blake. But we had all taken to calling him Eli.

---------------------

*Six years now*

I sat on my white fur covered throne next to Octavia's blood covered throne made of bones and metal. She had taken to putting red blood on her face as of late and we both have cut our hair.