Celebrations

Sirius took Remus' hand as the muggle waitress led them to a booth in the back of a very fancy muggle restaurant Sirius must have made a reservation for weeks ago. Remus wondered how long Sirius had been planning all of this.

"This is amazing," Remus whispers to Sirius after a waiter pours them two glasses of red wine.

"I know," Sirius says only a little smug.

Remus smiles, "I love you so much Pads. Thank you for doing all this for me."

"I love you to darling, you're welcome. You deserve the world Moony, I'm glad I could give you such a special day."

"That's so sweet Sirius," Remus says reaching across the table to hold Sirius' hand.

The waiter then comes around with menus for them and tells them he'll be with them in a minute to take their orders.

"Get anything you want love, my treat," Sirius says smiling at his fiancee.

Its couple minutes later when the waiter is back and ready for the to order.

"I'd like a medium rare steak, with a chopped green salad, and a triple chocolate trifle," Remus tells the waiter.

Sirius orders next, "I'll have a lobster seafood platter with chips and shrimp, a buttered herb pasta, and a slice strawberry-rhubarb cheesecake."

Waiting on their food Remus decides on a topic of conversation, "So about the other part of the newspaper article.."

Sirius grins, "I had wondered when you would bring that up."

"Are you seriously thinking we should adopt?" Remus asks, excited but bewildered.

"Yes, I mean, you've always said that you wanted a big family. But before now we'd have never have had a chance. Since most orphaned wizarding children are seen to muggle orphanages and their laws remain the same. We'll probably never get chance like this again."

Remus smiles brightly, "You've put a lot of thought into this."

"I have honestly. I know that Harry's gonna grow up in a home with love either way and all, but it'd be nice if he had some siblings, so to speak. And giving a child a chance at a better life is just an amazing idea. And even if we decided not to, now you can get joint guardianship of Harry, so should anything ever happen to me, no one could take him away from you."

By this time Remus had began to tear up, "I'd love to expand our family with you. Even with you working, it'll be nice. Stay at home dad will be a job all it's own."

Sirius chuckles, reaching across the table to wipe away the few tears on his fiancee's face.

Not long after their emotional discussion the waiter brings them their food.