Epilogue

~Ten Years Later~

After (y/n) left her aunt's house, she moved in with the Ross family who, after many legal battles with Gladys, adopted her. Of course, no one had any complaints about adopting Luke's girlfriend, they already considered her part of the family, but this was a solution to her guardian problem. As soon as she turned 18, (y/n) found herself an apartment and applied for university. Now, almost 27 years old, she had her dream job, her dream man, and her dream family. Things seemed to be looking up for (y/n)(l/n).

Luke knew he had found his future wife all those years ago at Camp Kikiwaka. He knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her and only her, no matter what. And that's what brought him to this, a picnic with (y/n) in Central Park while he mentally prepared himself for what he hoped would be the best moment of both of their lives. He stood up, and (y/n) gave him a funny look.

"What are you doing, love?" He smiled down at her, knelt in front of her, and pulled the black ring box from his jacket pocket. Her hands flew up to cover her mouth as she realised what was happening.

"(yn/)(l/n), you are my light, my one and only, the love of my life. I want to spend the rest of eternity with you, till death do us part and after that as well. Will you make me the happiest man in the universe, and marry me?" He opened the box to reveal a gold band with diamonds studded along it, and an engraving on the inside, their intertwined initials. (y/n) didn't even look at it, tears were running down her cheeks as she smiled at him, nodding vigorously. He laughed, slipping the ring onto her finger and scooping her up into a spinning hug. Best day ever!

~A few months later~

He was wrong. The best day ever was the wedding day. After several months of preparations, it was finally here. Morgan had wanted to do something modern and extravagant, Christina had suggested a classic wedding, while both Luke and (y/n) had wanted a small ceremony with a few of their close friends. Xander, Lou, Jorge and Tiffany were invited, along with a few celebrities (Christina couldn't resist), what was left of (y/n)'s family and the rest of Luke's family. Lou and Emma were (y/n)'s bridesmaids, while Zuri was the flower girl, and Luke had Ravi and Jorge be his best men, while Xander was going to walk (y/n) down the aisle.

 Lou and Emma were (y/n)'s bridesmaids, while Zuri was the flower girl, and Luke had Ravi and Jorge be his best men, while Xander was going to walk (y/n) down the aisle

Luke stood near the altar, waiting nervously for his soon-to-be wife. As the music started up, he turned to see the beautiful woman to which he was going to promise himself. He felt tears slide down his cheeks as he thought about everything they could do together, as husband and wife, and an overwhelming sense of happiness and home washed over him. When they reached the altar, Xander handed her over to Luke.

"You better take good care of her," He threatened half-heartedly before taking his place in the front row, tears flowing down his cheeks as well, as his best friend got married to the love of her life. The ceremony began and soon it was time for their vows.

"I wish I could stand up here and promise you the world, but the world isn't mine to give. What I do promise is my world, and all it entails. My love, support, passion, compassion, and enthusiasm. I wish I could promise smooth sailing, but the winds aren't mine to control. What I do promise is a ship built to carry you to safety, and sails to weather any storm. I wish I could promise you forever, but someone infinitely great than I already has. What I do promise is every second of this tiny sliver of eternity I've been blessed with. I wish I could promise you riches, but every vault has it's end. What I do promise you is a life of abundance—An abundance of love and support, of strength and vulnerability, of sharing and drive, of passion, and of adventure. I wish I could promise to always be as roguishly handsome as I am today, but, well ... On second thought, have you seen my dad? Maybe that's a promise I can keep." This was followed by a murmur of laughter before Luke grew serious again. "I can't even promise I'll never hurt you, because even the best of intentions sometimes fall short. What I do promise is to always reach for you over my pride; to hold you, to heal you, and to seek forgiveness." He finished, smiling softly at (y/n). She returned the smile, before beginning her vows.

"I see these vows not as promises but as privileges: I get to laugh with you and cry with you; care for you and share with you. I get to run with you and walk with you; build with you and live with you. I get to have you be the person I spend the rest of my life with. I get to be there for you and support you. I don't have to honour and cherish you – I get to. And I will be forever thankful for the day you flirted your way into my life."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." As soon as the officiant had said that, Luke pulled his wife close and kissed her, something passionate, sweet, soft and loving. His wife. He would never get bored of that. They wished it could last forever, but of course, they had a reception to get to.

"Shall we, Mrs. Ross?" He offered his hand to her.

"Of course, Mr. Ross," She laughed as she grabbed it and he pulled her back down the aisle.

 Ross," She laughed as she grabbed it and he pulled her back down the aisle

_______________

~A.N: Wow, I'm so not ready to finish this book. I think I grew too attached to it. I hope you guys stick around a bit, maybe check out my other works? I'll miss you all, feel free to request a story, a one-shot/imagine, anything really, and I'll have a look and see what I can do. I hope you enjoyed this, and thank you all for 70k reads, and for sticking it through until the end. Love you all, and see you in the next... book, I guess. Bye!