Chapter 11

(y/n) p.o.v

"You did what?!?" Xander freaks out when we tell him about the challenge.

"Zan, chill. I made sure it would be archery." He just sighed.

"(y/n), they are a sports camp. There are 20 of them and 1 of you." He points out. "We're gonna lose The Spot."

"We have one day before the competition. That's plenty of time to teach you everything I know." I countered. Xander just shakes his head and walks off, arm around Emma.

I turn to Luke and he smiles sweetly before pulling me into a too-long-to-be-just-friends hug. My heart flutters at his touch, and I pull away after a bit, smiling at him before going to announce the news.

~Time skip brought to you by Eric the douche.~

Luke p.o.v

I set the last target up as (y/n) handed out more bows and arrows. I joined the ranks of campers and accept a bow with a smirk. I was the archery master. I didn't need training.

"Don't get cocky." She whispered in my ear as she walked passed me, sending shivers down my spine. No girl has ever had this effect on me before. What was so special about her? She starts demonstrating how to hold the bow and load an arrow. Xander walks up to her asking for a word and she tells us to practice our aim. I wonder what Xander wants.

(y/n) p.o.v

Xander lightly pulls me away from the practice. He seems worried.

"What's up?" I ask him, confused.

"Are you sure you can do this?" He asks. I scoff.

"Please. I've worked with a worse group than this. We're not gonna lose The Spot."

"Not that. Doing battle against your ex, your 1st and only boyfriend, in front of the boy you love?" Yes, I told him. He's my best, and oldest, friend. Don't judge me.

"I'm fine Zan. I've been wanting to beat the crap out of Eric for ages. He used to say archery is a boy's sport and that I suck at it. Plus, he's delusional. He tried to flirt with mw earlier!"

"Fine. Just... don't kill him." He sighs, letting me go back to the group and continue their training.

______________________________________

~A.N: Hey guys! Here is another chapter, to carry on the story. I know it's short, but I want to do the archery battle in a new chapter, otherwise it would be too long. So, enjoy, and feel free to comment any ideas/requests/corrections/visions of the future/other. Don't forget to vote! See you in the next chapter! ♡