Chapter 2

(y/n) p.o.v

"Hey (y/n), what's up?" Xander asked once I stepped into the kitchen

"Oh  hey Alex, not much. Just thinking about those Ross kids." Then I paused. Might as well tell him... "Well, one of them in particular. He's a bit... strange, but he's... cute... I guess..."

"Ha ha, you've got yourself a crush!" He interrupted me. "And how many times have I told you not to call me Alex infront of people? Especially new people? It's Xander!!!" He said

"Actually, it's Alexander, which shortens to Alex," I fired straight back at him. "And I DON'T have a crush."

"Yeah, yeah whatever," he waved it off. "Oh, and by the way, what's the new girl's name? The blonde one with the pretty eyes?" He half-whispered the last bit.

"Oh you mean Emma? Yeah she's really nice..." I started to reply, before I realised. " Omg. You like her, don't you? Oh, I am SO telling her!" I teased him.

"Oh no you won't. And you know why?" I raised an eyebrow in question. "I share a cabin with both Ross boys. I might not know which of the two you like, but I sure can embarrass you pretty bad." He smirked at me, so I slapped him on the shoulder before he started setting the tables.

"I do not have a crush. You, though didn't deny it."

"Sure, sure," he said, before quickly changing the subject. "Do you know if we're having a campfire tonight?"

"Of course we are. Aunt Gladys wouldn't pass up the opportunity to terrify the new kids with her tale of the Kikiwaka."

~Time skip brought to you by the cat sat on my bed~

Luke p.o.v

Emma was poking at her food when (y/n) came and sat next to us. The Mess Hall was crowded with kids, so I could barely hear what she was saying. I think she realised because she started speaking louder.

"So, how do you like camp so far?" I couldn't take my eyes off her as she spoke to Emma and Zuri. Ravi hit me on my arm.

"You are staring. Again!" He told me, obviously frustrated. I heard Zuri ask when the fun starts, and something about an archery game, but I was staring again. She was so beautiful. I didn't get it. She saw the freckles, right?

(y/n) p.o.v

I was explaining the rules of the archery competition to the girls, but I could feel Luke staring at me. I turned and slapped him (gently) on the back of his head. He looked shocked.

"Ow!" He complained.

"Oh, don't be a baby, it wasn't that hard. But if you don't stop staring at me, I will shoot you when we start the archery competition." He looked terrified and I burst out laughing. We heard a bell ring outside, so I dumpef my food tray and gestured for them to follow me.

Luke p.o.v

Everyone was handed a bow and a quiver full of velcro arrows. I had no clue what to do with either of them, so I just looked around, hoping for an idea of what to do. We were stood in the middle of a bunch of inflatable obstacles. Man, I wish I was listening when (y/n) explained the rules. The bell rang again, and everyone else disappeared, leaving me and my siblings alone. Almost immediately, my paintball instincts kicked in and I ducked behind one of the obstacles. Ravi followed me, and the girls ran behind a nearby cabin. I saw (y/n) peak over her obstacle, but a hail of arrows just missed her head. She ran out into the open, and fired two arrows at someone I couldn't see, then rolled behind the obstacle Ravi and I were crouching behind, as another storm of arrows narrowly missed her. My mouth hung open in awe, and she closed it with two fingers.

"You'll catch flies if you're not careful," she whispered. I blushed furiously. I could see Ravi smirking so I glared at him. Then I noticed Xander and Jorge, with an arrow each stuck to the center of their velcro vests, sulking off to our cabin. Did she do that?

(y/n) p.o.v

I peaked over my obstacle. The Ross kids would be easy pickings, but I hesitated. It would be unfair. They didn't know what to do. Arrows shot over my head, from the two boys in Grizzly Cabin. I ran into the open, fired two arrows and then dropped into a roll as I was greeted by a storm of arrows from another cabin. To my satisfaction, I saw Xander and Jorge walking away dejectedly. I ducked behind another obstacle, where Luke and Ravi were waiting, shocked. Luke's mouth was hanging open, so I shut it and told him he would catch flies if he wasn't careful. I noticed he blushed and glared at a smirking Ravi, so I changed the subject.

"Focus. If you don't learn how to shoot soon, you'll be sitting ducks for the Weasels," I told them. Ravi scoffed.

"And are you yourself not a Weasel?" He accused.

"Yeah. How do we know we can trust you?" Luke backed him up, pointing the wrong end of an arrow at my chest. I sighed, took the arrow and turned it the right way before letting him point it at me again.

"Oh, right." He cleared his throat, before repeating the question. "How do we know we can trust you?"

So I explained. "I don't associate with the Weasels, and they don't associate with me, aside from sleeping in the same cabin and the occasional bullying. Nobody else thinks of me as a Weasel either. I'm in whichever team I feel like when we play these sorts of games. I even go solo sometimes." But Ravi was still suspicious.

"Something else I do not understand and find slightly suspicious. Why help us? Did you not just take out our dear cabinmates over there?"

"Xander deserved it, and Jorge was in the way. But that's not the point. You would have been my first targets-" I cut off to lean around the obstacle and fire an arrow at Hazel. I missed, and ducked behind the obstacle before continuing "-if you knew the basics of how to play. Plus, if you guys don't take at least one person out on your first game, you'll be the disgrace of your cabin. Even Jorge took out 2 Eagles on his first game. And he's hopeless most of the time.

"Okay, so how do we do this?"

I smiled. "The rules are similar to paintball, but with different weapons. Fit an arrow in your bow. The RIGHT way." I  corrected Ravi. "Pull the string back to your cheek, look down the arrow shaft at your target, then let it loose. Brace the arm holding the bow. Don't let it move around once you let the arrow go. And keep your elbow up when you're aiming." I kept giving tips as I demonstrated and hit a pole opposite. Ravi attempted to copy. He hit the same pole just slightly under my hit. He is shocked.

"Nice going bro! You found a sport you're actually ok at!" Luke sounded surprised. Ravi shot him a withering look, before turning back to me.

"Thank you so much (y/n)!"

"No problem. Now go out there and kick some Weasel butt. I'm going to help your sisters." As I leave, I can feel Luke's eyes digging into my back.

Luke p.o.v

I watched her leave, completely zoned out until Ravi slaps me again and tells me to 'focus, before we are crushed worse than Napoleon at Waterloo'.

To which I responded, "why can't you just say we'll get our butts kicked?"

______________________________________

A.N: Hey guys, here's chapter 2, as promised. Stay tuned, hopefully I'll have chapter 3 up later today or tomorrow. In the mean time, feel free to leave ideas/brainstorms/visions/premonitions/other/all of the above in the comments. Oh and vote please! Thanks guys, see you in the next chapter! ♡