Chapter 6

Third person p.o.v

It's way too early. The sun has just risen. Gladys is stood in the middle of the Lawn, looking around. Then, she raises a horn above her head and presses on it, blasting through the peace and quiet of the morning. Soon, all the campers are gathered around her, most still in their jammies.

"Today's programme is on the noticeboard. I suggest Woodchuck and Eagle cabins get dressed. You're going mountain-climbing." Gladys announces, before walking off. The campers start groaning and complaining about being woken up so early for no reason.

(y/n) p.o.v

I knock on Woodchuck Cabin door. Zuri opens it.

"Hey (y/n). What you doing here?" She greets me.

"Hey Zuri. Do you guys mind if I come mountain-climbing with you? I really want to get away from Hazel today."

"Sure. Let me tell Lou." She turns back into the cabin and I follow her.

"Hey Lou!" She yells, "Is it okay if (y/n) comes mountain-climbing with us?" Lou walks out of the bathroom, a hairbrush in her hand. She looks at me sympathetically.

"Hazel being an evil, coniving little weasel again?"

"When is she not?" We both laugh at that.

"Sure, you can join us. You can help me teach those new wimps in Eagle Cabin how to mountain-climb." She rolls her eyes.

"Alright! I'm gonna go get my boots on."

~ Time skip brought to you by Ravi and his new "Counsellor in Training" badge.~

We were walking along a trail next to the mountain until, eventually, Lou stops next to a not-so-steep section of mountain. She turns to us.

"This is where we start. Make sure you're strapped into your harness properly. If you're not sure, just ask me or (y/n)."

I nod in their direction, so they all know who I am. Everyone double-checks their straps and I tie a rope through my harness, passing it back along the line of girls. Once everyone is attatched, we set off up the mountain.

After a while, it steepens into a path jutting out of a sheer wall of rock. I look behind me again to check if they were all keeping up.

~Meanwhile~

Luke p.o.v

I'm bored. Ravi and I are sat in the Mess Hall, and I'm trying to swallow a mouthful of... "chilli".

"I'm so booooored!" I tell him.

"Emma and Zuri are lucky. They have gone mountain-climbing!" My brain hurt momentarily, but then I had an idea.

"Hey, that's a great idea, bro! Let's go follow them!" I start to get up, but Ravi grabs me.

"I am not sure that is your brightest idea ever, Luke. We could get lost, and I am quite certain we are not allowed out of the camp without counsellor supervision." I roll my eyes. For a genius, he can be so dumb sometimes.

"You're a CIT, aren't you?" I say in a 'duh' voice. "It'll be fine, just chill out!"

(A.N: For those who don't know, CIT means counsellor in training.)

"I will, unwillingly, go along with your idiotic idea, only because this chilli tastes like over-cooked, spiceless curry." He pushes his tray away in disgust.