13

---STILL AT HANJI'S HOUSE---

"Be honest with me, Levi."

"..."

"You like her don't you ?"

He gives a convincing nod, "I do."

"What ? No ! What I mean is, not as your employee, but as a woman."

Through his stoic face, Levi has a baffled look, "What do you mean ?"

"Shorty dear, do you like her not just as your secretary, but as a woman ? I'm not asking our vice president, but you, Levi Ackerman, a man."

The only answer Hanji receives from Levi is only a thick silence before the man rises from his seat. His face may be emotionless, but his eyes could never lie. They hide something underneath the cold look as Levi absentmindedly sets his gaze on the floor.

"I need her," Levi stated for the second time.

"Yes. so why ?"

He pinches the bridge of his nose, "She's like a broom for me."

'Levi my friend, is your brain really okay..?'

"Because I don't have eyes for mass-manufactured cleaning tools nor do they fit my standards perfectly."

The man glances at his wristwatch, "Well then, gotta go." Levi makes his way out from Hanji's house as if it's his. He had visited her house numerous times to do work or research related things. But this is the first time he went to her house to have a talk like this.

"Ah.. He's comparing people to cleaning tools now ? I shouldn't be surprised.."

---At LEVI'S MANSION---

He finds himself having difficulties sleeping again.

And this time, he's recalling his last conversation with (Y/n) after he 'proposed' to her.

--Flashback--

"I want to have a normal life like other people.. Get married, have kids, and build a happy home."

"Ms. (L/n) , you're so fucking selfish."

The secretary couldn't put a finger on what he mean.

"Then what about me ?"

"I beg your pardon ?"

Levi sighs, "We've worked together for ten years. You were my hands and feet from when I first started until now. So if you're to quit so suddenly like this , I.."

"I.."

She stared at her boss, who was at loss of words, very unlikely of him.

"W-well, it'll be so inconvenient for me, you brat !"

In the end, Levi couldn't tell the truth why he wanted her to stay.

--End of Flashback--

"..Don't tell me I fucking stuttered back there.." That was the last thing Levi mumbled before darkness took over him and brought him to a deep sleep.

---THE NEXT DAY---

"Oh, Ms. Reiss, you're early today. Good morning !"

(Y/n) finds the blonde haired lady sitting on a chair next to hers, behind the receptionist table where (Y/n) is usually at.

She grins, "Good morning to you too ! Please just call me Historia !"