24

Only God knows what's happening inside their heads as the vice president and his secretary are currently pressed up against each other. Alone. In his own house.

Until (Y/n) decides to break the silence and awkward moment.

"I- I'll get another ice pack for you, sir."

What a lame excuse to get out of the situation. But at least it's better than nothing, ....right ?

The woman carefully crawls off from Levi's grip and heads to his kitchen to retrieve fresh ice cubes in order to replace the ones inside the previous bag that have already melted. She already memorized every room in his house, after all, she's been here dozens of times already for work purposes. In the process of replacing the ice cubes, (Y/n) can't help but let out a shaky breath, recalling their moments in the living room.

She collects herself, and puts a smile on her face as she head back to the living room.

Putting on her professional image as usual.

With the new ice pack on her hands, she stood with a perfect straight pose in front of her boss, "Mr. Ackerman, here's your-"

Oh.

The vice president Ackerman has drifted off to the dreamland.

His 'considered short' body lies on the sofa. Immobile. (Y/n) sets aside the ice pack, and slowly sit on the unoccupied space beside her boss, watching him sleep.

Well, you may call (Y/n) a creep. But who doesn't want to see the famous grumpy Levi sleeping like a baby ?

There's no frown visible on his face.

For once, he looks.. calm.. and soft..

(Y/n) proceeds to admire his godly sculpted face in silence. Until the woman notices that Levi's eyebrows begin to scrunch and his mouth starts to mumble incoherent words. Aside from that, his breathing pattern is no longer calm.

------Dream------

"....."

"L-Levi dear, please go play outside. I w-will.. nggh !!"

The 6 years old boy who's body almost resembled a skeleton, could only watch his mother writhing in pain as a male did some.. weird movements to her.

And it seemed like every move the man made put his mother in vain.

Chuckling deeply, the man then choked his mother, "Your son, huh ? I see you're playing hero now, whore."

He began calling her dirty names.

Tiny Levi, who didn't understand anything back then, watched as his own mother succumbed underneath the man who forced himself into her. Out of fear, the pale, skinny hand that belonged to Levi, picked up his mother's dress that fell and grasped it close to his chest.

For the man just tore off his mother's clothes.

Before he knew it, Levi was then yanked harshly from the room where his mother suffered every day and night.

------End of Dream------

"MR. ACKERMAN !!!"

And at the very same time, someone in reality finally yanks him away from his nightmare.

Levi wakes up with an audible gasp. His stormy grey eyes frantically look around the room, only to see his secretary glancing down at him with utmost concern on her face.