26

After more than 10 minutes stealing glances at each other, the two have finally calmed down and are able to talk face to face again without acting like a fool in love.

Levi makes himself comfortable by sitting on one of the library chairs, tapping his slender fingers on the reading table boredly.

In (Y/n)'s case, she strolls around, looking around to find some books.

"Oh !"

A smile appeared on her face as the secretary spotted something among the bookshelves, "It's my favorite book !" she beams, before walking over to her boss and taking a seat beside him. Placing the book on the table.

[Every Moment Was You]

"Romance.. huh ?" Levi peers over.

"Mhm ! This book has all the romance I've dreamed of !" (Y/n) reasoned with a smile still present on her beaming face.

She then starts to open the said book and flip over the pages, looking for her favorite part of the book. (Y/n)'s hands fumble as she tries to flip the pages and hold up her phone flashlight at the same time.

Until a hand snatches away her phone.

And hold it up above the book.

"Oh.. You don't have to do that. But thank you, sir." The woman then begins to take her sweet time reading the book with a pleasant look on her face.

Unknown to her, the man who's currently holding up her phone is taking shy glances at her. Admiring her side profile as she reads the book.

From time to time, Levi notices how her smile gets bigger as she reads certain paragraphs.

"Look," (Y/n) points her finger on a certain line, "this is my favorite part."

"'This is the romance I want. A romance where, even if he won't make your heart skip a beat every second, just one embrace from him will wash all the exhaustion from that day'"

She turns to her boss, grinning, "isn't that nice ?"

"Tch.. You call that nice ? How childish. I didn't expect you to have such low standards, Ms. (L/n)."

Her smile breaks into a tiny pout.

"To wash away all the exhaustion from the day, all you need is cleaning and a perfectly brewed black tea." Levi retorted.

(Y/n) sulks like a kid, "It's not that 'washing away' this book is talking about. You may think this is childish.." a gentle smile appears on her face again, "but this is my definition of love."

Tucking a strand of loose hair behind her ears, (Y/n) then proceeds to read her favorite book.

Meanwhile, Levi's glare on her grow more intense by each second. His steel grey eyes admiring the details of her face in the dark with only a tiny source of light.

"Ms. (L/n), have I ever told you that you're actually quite pretty ?"

He blurted out all of the sudden.

"Pardon ?" The woman averts her attention from the book, facing her boss with a confused look, "well, the answer to your question is no, sir."

"Of course not, b-because I never thought so. Y-you look like shit anyway." Levi denied. Trying to cover up his embarrassment for thinking out loud.

His heart aches when he sees (Y/n) return her attention to the book, looking a bit down.

'Shit, did I make her sad ?'