34

"Will you please explain your actions just now ?"

Levi had dragged her inside the longue, away from Zeke.

"Well why don't you do the explaining ?" He spat, "about the situation just now, I want to hear it from your own mouth."

"That was The Boy Wonder, the novelist. He came to say yes to a proposal I made about the book concert at our new art center !"

The man still has a cold look on his face, "since when did this project go ahead ?"

"I mentioned it to you last time about inviting a bestselling author for Ackerman Company library's opening event." (Y/n) desperately clarified, trying to assure her boss who looks pissed at her.

His lips parted open, "Is he.. the bestselling author you were talking about ?"

"Well, yes ! And now there's a chance I might lose him-"

"Then why did you never report this to me ? You did all of this without my knowing, I never gave you permission to do so," Levi strikes back.

"I thought it was meaningless to," (Y/n) reasoned, "unless I was really sure."

He breathes out, "Don't."

"Pardon ?"

"Just... don't." His eyes held a shade of rage and.. sadness.

"May I ask why, Mr. Ackerman ?" (Y/n) crosses her arms across her chest, not liking his antics. She worked hard to make a proposal to a famous author by herself, the author even agreed. And now.. Levi easily decides that he refuses the author.

The vice president clicked his tongue.

"Do I have to make you understand every little thing, Ms. (L/n) ?"

She has no idea why, but.. those words hurt. 

Deep down, somewhere inside her heart, (Y/n) just wants to let a few drops of tears roll down from her eyes. But no. She holds it in.

"If I say no, it's a no." Levi declared, with his voice filled with authority.

The woman in front of him sighs silently, slightly puffing out her chest as she releases a breath upon the defeat. (Y/n) averted her eyes from her boss, her face suddenly looking quite.. emotionless. She's had enough.

"Mr. Ackerman.." She said calmly, "you said you want to meet up here because you have important things to say to me right ?"

Silence...

"If this is nothing urgent, then can I hear it next time ?" Her voice held a stern intonation.

Levi jerked his head towards the exit door, "fine. It wasn't anything important anyway. Get out of my sight."

"...Well then, I'll get going sir."

She bowed, before storming off from the lounge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The blonde calmly sips his wine, amused by the short man sitting across from him in the cozy bar.

"My my... What's this ? The great vice president Ackerman wants to see me ?"