14

"Mr. Ackerman ?"

The man only hummed in response, eyes fixed on some documents.

"I'm here to inform you about the dinner with the President of Beast Enterprise. Apparently he's not feeling well so he would like to reschedule it."

"Then do it."

"Yes sir." His secretary nods

The woman immediately begins to type on her phone.

"By the way, sir.. That's it for your schedule today, so may I go home early ?"

"What ?" He puts down the papers in his hand, "'go home early' you said ?" Levi asked. Then he seems to be in a deep thought for a mere second, "Ms. (L/n)."

"Yes sir ?"

"How's the progress on the Hotel Acquisition ? Call Hanji right now and-"

"I already got the proposal and it's right there." (Y/n) points her hand to a certain direction, which is right beside Levi's mug. There lies a neatly typed proposal she mentioned.

"I see."

"Yes sir."

Levi purses his lips, "then what about headhunting Dr. Grisha ?"

"I've scheduled a meeting for next week."

"Tch.. Then what about renovating the study ?'

"I already selected some renovators for you, sir." (Y/n) answers, the smile never leaving her face since it's part of her 'professional image'.

He huffs.

"Then what about my insomnia ?"

"I already got your prescription for sedatives from Dr. Nile Dok."

Levi holds back the urge to pull his hair out, "Alright, alright. Why do you have to be so fucking verbose ?" he unintentionally snaps.

"I'm just answering your questions sir."

"See ? You keep talking back to me !" Levi slams his fist lightly on the table, "I'm not happy about this."

"Well I'm pretty sure 'happy' is not in your vocabulary, sir." She replies, "So, may I go now or do you wish to keep rambling about-"

"Screw off."

(Y/n) bows. "Alright, thank you sir," the secretary beams politely before exiting his office.

The second she's gone from his sight, Levi let out a loud sigh,

"I just wanted her to stay longer, dammit.."

--

"Huh.. Very rare of you to treat me lunch, vice president."

Levi ignores the mocking voice of his maniac friend, "So, what's your opinion ?" He threw a question instead.

"About our upcoming hotel project ? Well I think we should-"

"No shit," he wipes his mouth with a napkin, "I mean about Ms. (L/n). It really looks like she's going to quit. What do I do to stop this unspeakable situation ?"

Hanji scrunches her nose, putting her eating utensils down, "I'll help you to sort out this unspeakable situation. You see, you don't have a clue to know what she wants and desires. AND HERE YOU ARE, ASKING HER TO MARRY YOU JUST LIKE THAT !" She cackles a little before turning serious, "It's not like she'd say yes right away.."

"It's called taking it one step at a time, you short idiot. Relationships come first."

"Relationship, huh.."