17

"Who the hell cooked this ? The steak's a bit tough." 

Levi pierces a knife through the expensive piece of steak on his plate, sitting across from him, his secretary of course. He decides to eat dinner at one of the restaurants in the amusement park. 

The two sit facing each other. (Y/n), who notices the unpleasant look on her boss' face, is quick to offer her act of service, "Should I call the chef, Mr. Ackerman ?" 

"No. Just enjoy your dinner." He glares at her. 

After cursing some profanities here and there, Levi manages to cut up his steak into neat and tiny pieces. Then he takes (Y/n)'s serving and switches it with his that he just cut up. 

His unexpected action takes (Y/n) by surprise. 

"You'll find it hard to cut the steak. Eat up." 

(Y/n) smiled, "thank you, sir." Then she leans forward towards him just a little, "If I knew we would be coming here, I would've dressed properly."

"Don't give a shit about that. Besides, there's no one else here."

The secretary allows a small frown to appear on her face as she glances around, "you're right.. It's really just us two." She then calmly sips on a glass of water.

"Yes, because I rented out the place." 

(Y/n) accidentally spits some water back into her glass out of surprise and coughs. 

"Tch, disgusting." The man across the table reaches out his hand and wipes her mouth with a napkin, earning a more shocked reaction from her, "you gotta learn some table manners, brat." 

She's still gaping her mouth like a fish out of the water, "I..I.." (Y/n) clears her throat, "what exactly is happening today ? What's with.. all of this sudden.. treatment ?" 

"Nothing much." He replied, "Just realized that I never properly thanked you after all your long service. It's a gift from me to show my gratitude to you for all these years." 

'Tch.. thank fuck I memorized the script..' 

(Y/n)'s at loss of words. So instead of working her brain off to find out about her boss' weird behavior, she glances at the Merry-Go-Round through the restaurant's window. Unaware of Levi's eyes observing her. 

"Is it still not enough, after those seven rides ?" He asked, twirling the knife in his hand. 

She shook her head, "It's not about that, sir. I think it was about where the Merry-Go-Round is.. My old house.... You see, this used to be a residential area that got developed and I used to live there. I think the Merry-Go-Round is where my house was." 

Levi nods, as a sign that he's listening, "Well..." 

He begins to tell a tiny part of his past. How he was raised by his mother in the underground until his uncle came and got them out of there. Giving him and his mother a normal life people deserve. 

The two lost track of time. 

"Shit, it's late." Levi glances at his watch. 

(Y/n)'s head perked up, "Oh, let me drive you home-" 

"No. We have somewhere else to go. Just finish your dinner first." 

---- Later ---- 

"Wow, it's..." 

Levi hummed in a bored questioning manner, "beautiful ?" 

"...it's actually really chilly, sir."