15

-- The Next Morning --

"I saw you're not wearing your tie today, here's a red one, sir."

Inside Levi's sparkling clean office, (Y/n) stands behind her boss as he's busy looking at the town scenery from the clear gigantic window. The woman was about to make a step closer to do her daily task, tying his necktie, when Levi's hand suddenly rises, signaling the secretary behind him to halt her movement.

And she obeys.

With his back still facing her, he speaks, "Forget it. You don't have to do this anymore."

"...Pardon ?"

"You were right. Based on what you said yesterday, I guess I have come to understand why you're quitting, even just a little bit."

Her mouth is slightly parted open, unable to speak the right words at the moment, "Sir, I didn't quite mean it yesterday when I said that-" However, she didn't get to finish the sentence.

"I'll let you go, Ms. (L/n)."

"Just do your best for another month with the new secretary training and the remaining work. That's an order."

Without a warning, the vice president turns around, witnessing a look of sadness plastered on his secretary's face. Levi, on the other hand, appears to be..... rather calm.

"You're dismissed."

---------- Time Skip ----

"So what's the current issues with the Brand Development Team ?"

A conference is held in the meeting room. Among the board members, there he sits. Levi Ackerman. Accompanied by two secretaries. He decides that it's better for Historia to start joining (Y/n)'s work routine. And that's being his 24/7 information provider.

"Uh... I-I don't quite remember-" Historia stammers, looking a bit panicked since she's not fully used to working beside Levi.

"Mr. Ackerman, allow me to tell you the details-"

However, Levi raises his hand slightly, preventing (Y/n) from providing the information he needs, "Not you, Ms. (L/n). As for you, Ms. Reiss, summarize it in a report for me."

It feels like a punch in the gut to (Y/n) when Levi refused her act of service.

"The new furniture we launched has been received very well. We're currently top in sales in the industry, too." Marlo Freudenberg, the owner of the small household furniture that Levi's dealing with, boasts with pride in his voice.

Levi let out a hum, "And what comes after this ?"

"Sorry ?"

"It's only obvious that the current project is a success. So I'm asking what your next steps are."

Marlo starts to sweat bullets, "Well uh.. It's the younger generation where we saw success, so we're planning to launch new designs for newlyweds. But the younger generations these days are about practically s-so we'll fit our designs around-"

"Tch.. Is that really the current trend ?"

The poor man with the bowl cut hair is already shaking in his seat as Levi glares daggers at him. To his luck, the vice president turns to face his secretary. The newbie secretary, to be exact, "Do you have the data to support your arguments ?"

"H-huh ? Well, I don't know anything related to.. uh... that's still.."

"But isn't that basic knowledge, Ms. Reiss ?"

Historia lowers her head in shame for not being able to answer his questions.

Now it's Levi's turn to glare at (Y/n), "Just how exactly are you training our new secretary ?"