39

The click clack sound of her shoes making contact against the pavement got blended with the morning chaos of traffic and other people's footsteps. Every once in a while, she would kick a pebble absentmindedly as she makes her way to work to make a living.

"Ms. (L/n) !"

(Y/n) tilts her head to the side, seeing a brown haired woman with glasses, waving from her car as she pulls over the road a bit to greet the secretary.

"Ayy what's on your mind huh ?" Hanji grins, teasing the worker.

"O-oh, hello Mrs. Smith."

Hanji jerks her head a little, "get in ! I left Erwin at home because he was taking too long brushing his damn eyebrows !"

(Y/n)'s eyes wander in every direction, contemplating whether she should accept Hanji's offer, but then she nods, "yes ma'am." The woman then gets inside the car, greeted by the scent of air freshener.

"Alright girl, buckle up and we'll go straight to shorty's hell hole."

She snickers a little ipon Hanji's funny remark, but then a thought crosses her mind for a split second, "Um.. Mrs. Smith ?"

"Yeah ?"

"I think I'll need to have a private talk with you later, if you don't mind.."

------------- Later in Hanji's private office ------------

"What ? Sexual trauma ?"

"Yes." (Y/n) nods in confirmation, "I wondered if you had heard anything from him."

Hanji slightly pinches her chin, humming as she tries to think of any possibilities about what the woman in front of her just said, "well, we've been friends for a long time now, but Levi has never said anything about it. In fact, he hardly mentioned his childhood."

"In other words, you don't know." (Y/n) pointed out.

"Mmm.. yeah, that's true." The brunette shrugs, "so, uh.. May I ask why you started looking into.. his past ?"

(Y/n)'s eyes hold a look of emptiness, recalling the day where things.. happened, "I don't quite remember, but I think I was being accompanied on a bus stop for a whole night."

"Huh ??"

"There was a boy next to me.. I think that might've been Mr. Ackerman."

Hanji leaned forward, "did you get his name ?"

"Yes. But I.. can't remember it"

"So what makes you think that's Levi ? Why don't you ask him directly ?"

She sighs, "I considered that option too, but.. there must be a reason why he didn't say anything until now. It might be a bad memory for him, and I don't want to.. trigger it. I'd rather just sit satisfied for having found that boy. Oh, and..."

"Yes ?"

"Mrs. Smith," (Y/n) looks into the woman's eyes directly, "please pretend we didn't have this talk today. For the sake of.. you know, safety."

Hanji let out a short laugh while waving her hand lazily, "hey ! don't you worry ! But then, like you said, if shorty didn't say anything about it these last 9 years, he must've had his own reason. I admire you for respecting his privacy, (Y/n). I bet other girls would have searched every little thing about Levi. Poor him.."

"Alright, thanks for your time Mrs. Smi-"

"Call me Hanji."

(Y/n) blinked once, then twice, before nodding happily, "of course, Hanji. Now I gotta go back to work, see you later !"