☆Chapter Ten☆

"And you didn't care to tell me we had PE." Haerin scoffed as she opened her locker door. She looked inside. Everything was just how she left it.

"But that's why I'm always prepared, now here you go." Soomin said as she reached into her locker and handed Haerin her spare uniform.

"Thanks Mins what would I do without you." Haerin smiled softly.

"I have no idea." Soomin joked as she nudged Haerin's shoulder with her own.

"Okay, girls, we'll be playing at football today." Their PE teacher clapped loudly, trying to get the girls' attention. "Soomin and Yoojin, you two are captains. Pick your team."

Soomin and Yoojin both stepped out of line. "I'll go first." Soomin said. " I pick Haerin."

"Okay, girls, we can do it!" Soomin cheered for her team as they all were gathered in circle.

"Are you guys ready!?" The teacher shouted out, but it was followed by silence. "Okay, I'll take that as yes."  She blew her whistle, signalling the game to start.

"Areum, pass the ball over here!" Haerin called out as she ran into space. As she was running, Yoojin noticed this could be the perfect time to strike. She ran next to Haerin, making everyone assume she was just trying to block her from getting the ball.

"Areum over he -" Haerin called out but got her scentence got cut short due to a slight push, causing her to fall.

"Oh, let me help you up." Yoojin stuck her hand out to help Haerin. But Haerin saw right through her smile and could tell she was being fake.

"Don't worry, I'm fine, thank you." Haerin said as she got up from the floor herself.

"Ok, let's go again!" Their teacher shouted. "Three two one!" She blew her whistle.

"Soomin on your left." Areum called out, making Soomin pass the ball to her. As she sped past, everyone made her way to the goal. As she approached the goal post, she had no hesitation kicking the ball. She sent the ball flying over the goalies head and into the wovennet.

"Soomin's team one nil." Their teacher shouted.

"Well done!" Soomin cheered as she high fived Areum getting back into the game.

Haerin was quick to get her hands on the ball, but Yoojin was quicker to intercept, travelling far away from her goal. But just as she was getting away, Soomin was quick to get into the game of who could keep the ball the longest. So was Emiko, who was on Yoojin's team.

Yoojin loved this game, and obviously, she wanted to win, but at what cost. The last few seconds of the game were approaching, and she was all the way at the other end of the pitch. Multiple people surrounded her as she was cornered by the goal post. Yoojin took a deep breath. As she ran up to the ball. But with her 'amazing skills,' the ball took a different path.

Soomin and Haerin started talking to each other mid game as they were bored of it aswell as tired after running around. During the conversation, Soomin said something that had nothing to do with what they were talking about.

In the quick couple of seconds, Haerin realised that Soomin had said watch out, and she was a few seconds too late to find out that the football was heading for her. A loud thud was heard as the ball but Haerin's head. Soomin was quick to steady her friend before she could fall to the floor.

"Haerin, are you okay!?" Soomin held Haerin's hand and her lower back, making sure she wouldn't fall. But no matter how loud Soomin talked, their voice would be drowned out by the ringing in her ears. "Haerin, answer me!" Soomin shook her slightly.

Haerin's vision went fuzzy, then it turned pich black, and all she could hear was the muffled shouts, which soon faded out into the distance

.⭒☆━━━✰━━━☆⭒.

"Look, she's awake." A male voice pointed out as Haerin slowly started to wake up.

"Hi?" Haerin said, confused as she sat up.

"How are you feeling?" Soomin questioned as she smiled softly at the girl.

"I'm fine." Haerin responded. She brought her arm slowly and touched the side of her head, which pained her the most. "Why is there a bandage on my face." Haerin looked at Soomin in her eyes.

"The ball was cracking, so it kind of scratched you." Soomin explained as she laughed nervously.

"Ehem." Heesung cleared his throat loudly. "You know I'm here too."

"Oh hi." Haerin greeted him as she turned to face him.

"So do you wanna stay or go home?" Heesung asked her even though he already knew the answer.

"Home." She answered quickly. "You'll be fine without me, right?" Haerin turned back to Soomin.

"I'll just call Krystal unnie to pick me up." Soomin told her.

"Okay then." She nodded.

"Now let's go before class ends." Heesung said.

"Okay, let's go." Haerin nodded.

"You can still walk?" Heesung questioned as he raised a brow.

"I got hit in the head, so my legs are perfectly f- ." Haerin stumbled as she got off the bed as her head started to spin as soon as she got up. Heesung looked at her with the 'I told you' face. "I'm fine, let's go." She regained her balance. "Bye, Mins!" She waved at Soomin as they walked out the nurses office.

.⭒☆━━━✰━━━☆⭒.

"Oh, you're back early. Now, what happened." Jay asked Haerin as he watched Haerin flop onto the nearest bed, which was his.

"Got knocked out by a football." She explained briefly.

"Did it hurt?" Jay asked.

"No, it didn't." She said sarcastically.

"But you're okay now, right?" Jay questioned.

"Yes, but my head hurts a bit still." Haerin said.

"Well, rest up." He told her before he walked out the room, quietly closing the door behind himself.

Haerin took his advice and switched over to her back, intertwining her fingers and placing them onto her stomach and closed her eyes slowly drifting off to sleep.