☆Chapter Forty One☆

"Morning princess." Ni-ki mumbled as he walked into the kitchen with his hands in his pocket. Haerin was sitting on a chair scrolling through social media, eating ice from a cup with a spoon.

"Morning Riki." Haerin looked up from her phone and at him. She had a pair of glasses with a black frame resting on her nose bridge, her oreo coloured hair was messy and placed into two low buns.

"What are you watching?" Ni-ki asked as he wrapped his arms around Haerin's neck and put his chin on top of her head.

"Just Tiktok." She told him as she kept scrolling through the app and took another spoonful of ice crunching on it.

"How about we do something today." Ni-ki suggested as he put his head on her shoulder and tilted his head to the side to get a better view of her face. "What do you think?"

"Okay." She nodded, putting her phone down onto the table. "Where do you want to go?"  Haerin asked as she turned to face him. Now, their faces were inches apart.

"How about you take me to one of your secret places." Ni-ki whispered.

"Okay then, I know where to go." Haerin smiled. "But it's a little far, though."  She added.

"I'll go anywhere you go, so don't worry."

.⭒☆━━━✰━━━☆⭒.

The sky was grey, threatening to rain by the time they got outside. The streets were quiet, probably because everyone was either at work or school. "Where exactly are we going?" Ni-ki asked Haerin while they walked beside each other.

"It won't be much of a surprise if I tell you." Haerin laughed. "It's not long of a journey it'll be at least two hours and thirty minutes on the bus if we're lucky."

"Two hours!?" Ni-ki questioned. "We'll be on the other side of the country in two hours."

"Stop being so dramatic. It's one of my secret places so of course it'll be a bit far." She told him. "The next bus comes it three minutes if we're quick we can catch it." Haerin took Ni-ki's hand and dragged him along with her as he was walking quite slow. "Come on, let's go!"

Haerin made Ni-ki speed walk, pulling him along. They arrived at the bus stop, and the second they stopped walking, the bus drove up to the stop.

The pair got onto the bus, scanned their cards, and sat at the seats located at the back of the vehicle. Ni-ki rested his head onto Haerin's shoulder and closed his eyes, wrapping his arms around her torso.

"Sleep well." Haerin warmly smiled as she patted his head. "I'll wake you up when we arrive." Haerin sat back as she pulled out her phone and started to scroll away with her right hand and placed her left arm around Ni-ki, pulling him closer to her.

Haerin switched the app she was using to the camera. She put her phone close to Ni-ki's face and snapped a quick snapshot of a sleeping Ni-ki. She added it to her favourites and giggled a bit before switching back to what she was previously doing.

The journey was three hours long it looked like they were in the middle of nowhere, plus they were the only two left on the bus. "Riki." Haerin shook Ni-ki lightly as they were getting closer and closer to their stop.