☆Scouting☆

It was around fourth thirty on a Thursday afternoon during October of 2018. The decaying leaves slowly dropped onto the concrete floor. Haerin was on her way home from school. As she kept on walking she noticed something in the corner of her eye but brushed it off.

She walked past multiple shops yet whatever that was in the corner of her eye was still there. But still she ignored it and fastened her pace.

She had reached one of the neighborhoods she had to pass everyday to go to her sisters house. The same man from earlier was still behind her.

Abruptly taking the man off guard she started to run. The man sighed as he ran after her.

Haerin looked behind herself he was still there running behind her. She looked behind herself before turning the corner again.

'Pang!'

Haerin ran into a lamppost that she didn't realise was in the corner of the street. Haerin fell onto her bum she stared into the empty street forgetting about the man who was following her.

"Excuse me miss?" The man tapped her shoulder. Haerin turned her head towards the man. "Are you alright?" He asked her.

"Yeah thanks." She nodded as she stood up and held onto the lamppost for support as she was still dizzy. Slowly she started to gain her recollection of the events leading up to this. "Were you the one running after me?"

"Yes I was." He admitted. "But I would like to give you an introduction to who I am an that may explain the reason.

"Okay then." Haerin agreed nodding her head slowly.

"Hello I'm a scouter from BE:lift and I am recruiting you to do a special audition." He spoke taking out a business card from his blazer.

"Sorry Mr I'm not interested in auditioning for your company." She informed him. As she turned around to walk away he held her shoulder stopping her.

"Is there anything else you need?" She asked as she already told him she wasn't interested what more could he want.

"What can I do for you to audition." He asked her in a desperate manner. "Oh! How about I give you something.

She stood there looking confused at him not sure what he meant. That's when she saw it.It wasn't a rare photo card but it was Twice's Momo from the What is Love era. She looked up at the card that he was offering then him.

"If that's not enough I've got another one." He pulled another one out his blazer. Black pink Square Up Jisoo's photo card.

"I have no idea who those girls are." Haerin told him.

"Uhm-" The director ran out of ideas.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure go ahead."

"How do you even know I can sing or dance?" Haerin questioned.

"You look like promising young talent." He came up with. "Plus I believe you have the star quality to be an idol."

"My answer is still-"

"Please." He pleaded with her.

"Why do you have so much faith in me?"

"I may or may have not seen you in a karaoke place with your friend last week but I couldn't scout you then so I made sure if I saw you another time I would come up with you." He explained. "You sounded really good and I believe you can pass an audition."

"Okay I'll do it." Haerin gave in.

"Thank thank thank you." The man was overjoyed shaking her hand till her arm was going to fall off. "In person auditions are on Saturday please attend, just show them the business card when you go."

"Okay thanks." She received the card from him.

"Thank you so much for agreeing have a good day- Sorry what's your name."

"Call me Rin."

"Have a good day Rin!"

"You too!"

With that the two walked of into opposite directions.