8. Stick

March 22, 3:30 Pm

"C'mon, let's go," Taehyung says and grabs Jungkook's hands, easily pulling him up from the chair before grabbing the mask from his hands.

"Where are we bound, Doctor Kim?" Jungkook asks as Taehyung gently puts the mask on him.

"To meet that driver and get your wand back," Taehyung smiles adjusting the mask properly on Jungkook's face. "C'mon, follow me," he says before walking towards the door. Jungkook quickly follows him, although confused.

There was still a commotion happening outside. Doctors and nurses were running around and police officers were questioning random people.

"Are they all in pursuit of me, Doctor Kim?" Jungkook whispers in Taehyung's ears.

"Yeah, they are trying hard to find out who took you away," Taehyung whispers back.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook mumbles.

"It's okay. You did the right thing. If they took you to the dressing room and found out your head fully healed, there would have been more trouble."

"But wherefore are these folk so concerned about me? I doubt my kin would search for me thus if they e'er discovered me missing."

"They aren't concerned or anything," Taehyung chuckles. "You don't know about this world."

"But hyung, you were truly troubled about me, right?" Jungkook asks.

"Hmm..er...maybe a little," Taehyung says, causing Jungkook to smile. "Okay, listen, now we are going to get into the lift and go downstairs. There will be many people with us. So, don't talk to me inside it, okay?"

"Oh..what? Lift?? How do we..."

"Shh..I'll explain it to you later, Junggkook-ah," Taehyung says pausing in front of the lift.

"Uhm..okay," Jungkook nods, stopping beside him.

Soon the lift door opens and they enter into it along with a few other people. "It's gonna be okay," Taehyung whispers grabbing Jungkook's hands as the door closes shut. He thought Jungkook might panic when they started going down. But he just stands beside him with a slight frown.

"Have we descended to the lower floor?" Jungkook asks as they walk out of the lift. Taehyung nods in reply. Although Jungkook feels a strong urge to ask again how the closed room works, he doesn't ask anything. Doctor Kim would probably explain everything to him later.

Soon they reach the entrance and Taehyung tilts his face to see Jungkook staring at the fountain in front of the hospital in awe. "You will soon see many such things. Isn't the future very different from your world?" Taehyung asks.

"Indeed. It's so different," Jungkook nods, gazing at the road and the buildings across. "I saw this world erstwhile at night. Now I perceive all clearly by day."

"Let's wait for the man here," Taehyung grabs Jungkook's hands and stops him as they reach outside the gates. Then he takes off the mask from Jungkook's face, tucking it in his own pocket.

"Oh, hyung, why did you remove it?" Jungkook asks.

"It's okay, you don't need it. I only made you wear it earlier because I didn't want the other doctors and nurses to notice you and realise you don't work here. Now we are outside. People will only stare at you if you keep wearing the mask," Taehyung replies.

"Oh..." Jungkook nods. "I could have transformed this attire. It can be done securely without my wand."

"Oh, you could have done that?" Taehyung asks.