27. Goodbye

Busan, March 29, 4 pm 

"I've decided. I'm staying. I'd like you to get me those certificates I need in order to stay here," Jungkook says, looking at Park Sanghyuk who was again sitting in front of him in the throne-like chair in a crisp black suit.  

Park Sanghyuk stares at him for a few seconds. Then his lips slowly bunch into a wide smile. "I didn't think you'd make a decision so quickly. Especially when I saw you guys went back to Emerald. What happened? Why did you decide to not go back to the past?" 

"I thought about what you told me yesterday thoroughly. Yes, I think this world has a lot to offer me," Jungkook says. "And I don't really have a family there in the past. No one's waiting for me there. So, I'd like to stay here." 

"I see. Great! Good decision Jeon Jungkook!" Park Sanghyuk smiles. "So, what did Dr Kim Taehyung say about this? I thought he was very suspicious of me." 

"Yes, he told me not to believe you. He said you are just trying to use me for your own benefit. But I don't think an ordinary human like you can use me. So, I just came here when he left for the hospital," Jungkook says. 

"Oh.." Park Sanghyuk mumbles. "So, you didn't tell him anything and just disappeared?" 

"Yeah," Jungkook nods. "He'd get mad at me if I tell him. And I'm starting to feel like he was using me all this time. I didn't really get any benefits from staying with him. He was just using me for his needs." 

"I see.." Mr Park hums. "But he bought you a phone and taught you how to use it, right? And I think he also did many other things for you."  

"He did all those things to just keep me with him. By the way, he didn't buy me a phone or anything. He just let me duplicate his phone and got me a SIM card. I left the SIM card at his home so that he won't be able to contact me." 

"Oh...so, you duplicated the phone," Sanghyuk says. "By, the way, although you removed the SIM card, he can still text you and call you on other apps." 

"I logged out of all the apps and deleted all accounts on the phone including my Gmail account. He won't be able to contact me now," Jungkook says.  

"Oh! Taehyung taught you all this and you think he was just using you?" Sanghyuk asks. 

"He just taught me how to use Google and YouTube. I learned everything else myself," Jungkook replies. 

"I see. You are really clever, I guess," Sanghyuk hums. "Okay, I don't know about that doctor's intentions. But honestly, my intention is not to use you for my benefit, Wizard Jungkook. If you feel like that, you can leave anytime." 

"Yeah, I know. Anyway, I'm not going back to Doctor Kim again. I think you are a better man than him. Moreover, you are my descendant. So, I think you won't betray me. But if I ever feel like you're taking advantage of me, I'll just leave," Jungkook says. 

"Okay, I accept! I like your spirit, Jeon Jungkook!" Park Sanghyuk grins. "I'll get you a new SIM." 

"Okay, so, where will I live? When can I go to the university like you promised?" Jungkook asks. 

"You are impatient to go to university already?" Sanghyuk chuckles, leaning back on his chair. "My daughter is 20 and studying business at the university. She just wants to somehow finish it quickly and join me in doing business." 

"You only have a daughter?" Jungkook asks. 

"No, I've a son too. He is already 30 and is working at our company. I want all three of you to do business together and raise our company to the top position in the world," Sanghyuk says.