23. Good News

Emerald, March 27, 5:00 Pm

Taehyung's phone rings in his pocket while he is in the casting room, plastering a patient's broken leg with the help of a nurse.

"Doctor, we'll do it. You may attend the call," the nurse says and calls for another nurse to help. Taehyung nods and goes to the sink, quickly washing his hands and wiping on tissues. Then he fishes his phone out of his pocket to see Dr. Choi Ji-on on caller ID. Dr Choi is an Obstetrician at the hospital. Why is he calling now? With a frown, Taehyung answers the call and places the phone near his ear.

"Hello, Dr Kim, this is Dr Choi Ji-on," Dr Choi says.

"Yeah, Dr Choi, I've your number saved on my phone," Taehyung replies.

"Oh, okay, so, I called you to tell you some good news."

"Good news?? What?" Taehyung's frown deepens.

"I'll tell you in person. You're here, right? Come to my cabin now. Someone's waiting for you," Dr Choi says and laughs slightly. Taehyung feels his heartbeat quicken and his hands tremble a little.

"Come fast, okay?" Dr Choi says and ends the call. Taehyung bites down on his lips feeling nervous.

"Dr Kim, we're done," one of the nurses says, turning around.

"Oh, okay, I need to go see someone urgently. Send him to Dr Warren for prescription," Taehyung says and walks out of the casting room, placing his phone back in his pocket.

In the elevator, he silently prays it's not like what he thinks. But then what else might be it? Who else might be the one waiting for him at the Obstetrician's cabin with a good news? Now what is he going to do if Freya is pregnant?!

Shit! It can't be that! She can't be pregnant! He always used condoms.

Wait! She slept with the CEO's son!

The lift door opens and Taehyung steps out with slightly trembling knees, once again praying it's not Freya who is waiting for him.

In a minute, he reaches Dr Choi's cabin. Taking a deep breath, he grabs the door handle and pushes the door open to see none else than Freya sitting in front of Dr Choi. She turns around and looks at him and his heart starts thudding like crazy.

"C'mon, Taehyung, Sit," Dr Choi grins. Taehyung nods and hesitantly walks towards Freya, taking a seat beside her.

"So, your girlfriend told me, you guys had a fight and you aren't now picking up her calls," Dr Choi says with a teasing smile. Taehyung stares at him not knowing what to say.

"Okay, whatever it is, forget it now and start picking up her calls. She is pregnant."

"I'm not the father," Taehyung shakes his head.

"What!" Dr Choi scoffs, leaning forward in surprise.

"I broke up with her. This can't be my child," Taehyung says.

"Taehyung!" Freya snaps. "I'm sure it's your child!"

"You!" Taehyung tilts his face in anger. "You slept with.."

"Kim Taehyung!" Freya snarls and shoots up from the chair.

"Hey hey! What's happening here?" Dr Choi says with a slightly open mouth. "What's going on, Dr Kim?"

"Sorry, I need to talk to her," Taehyung says and gets up from the chair. Then he grabs Freya's hands and drags her out of the Cabin.

"Tae, leave my hand. You're hurting me," Freya whines as he drags her to a comparatively less crowded space at the end of the corridor.