19. Water Butterflies

March 27, 9 am

"I really couldn't believe it! I thought I was going to see two of them dead this morning. But now, they all look perfectly healthy!" Mr Kim tells his wife over the breakfast on coming back from the farm.

"I was praying all night," Mrs Kim says while serving Jungkook more Kimchi.

"It's not your prayer! It's Kook-ah's medicine!" Mr Kim says and grins looking at Jungkook. "My boy, you really are a great doctor! Three senior doctors came and went. None of them could save our cows. It was your medicine that saved them!"

"Uh...thanks," Jungkook says, not knowing what else to say.

"Kook-ah, you know," Mr Kim then says and glances at Taehyung who was sitting beside Jungkook, happily munching on rice cakes after long. "This guy, my younger son, he's such a liar!"

Jin almost chokes on his coffee and then chuckles, looking at Taehyung while Taehyung stares at his Dad with an open mouth. "Dad, when did I lie to you?" he asks dramatically widening his eyes.

"When did you lie, huh?" Mr Kim scoffs and then turns to Jungook. "Kook-ah, look here, you know, he told me he was going to become a veterinary doctor. I send him to England to learn medicine so that he can treat our cattle. But then he had actually got admission for MBBS and he lied to me. And this guy, my elder son," Mr Kim says and points an accusing finger at Jin. "He knew it and he also didn't tell us! They both together betrayed me."

"Dad, isn't it great Taehyungie became an Orthopedist? He had a high score on the entrance exam. So, he naturally got admission for MBBS. Nobody who gets admission for MBBS will go and take veterinary," Jin says and looks at Jungkook. "JK, you too wanted to be an MBBS doctor, right?"

"Oh.....yeah," Jungkook nods.

"See.." Jin says and takes a sip of his coffee.

"But then he became a great veterinary doctor!" Mr Kim reasons. "He saved our cattle that my MBBS son couldn't!"

"Oh leave it. At least, your son became a doctor and he's earning for himself, unlike that Wonhee's son who steals from her purse. And both MBBS doctors and Veterinary doctors are great. They save lives," Taehyung's Mom says and pushes the plate of dumplings closer to Jungkook. "Justin Kook-ah, here have some more mandu."

"Oh, no, I'm already full," Jungkook says, placing a hand over his stomach. He already ate a lot and there's still so much food on his plate.

"No, no, eat more," Mr Kim says. "She prepared all this especially for you. In England, you can't get these traditional foods, right? What do you guys usually have for breakfast there?"

"Uhm...we have sausage, toast, porridge, eggs.."

"Oh..they are all plain, they don't taste as good as our food, right?" Mrs Kim asks. Jungkook smiles and nods to her.

Mrs Kim then averts her glance to Taehyung. "I'm only happy that he became an Orthopedist. My only worry is that he's dating an English girl. Oh, Justin Kook-ah, do you know his girlfriend?"

"Oh..uhm..yeah," Jungkook mumbles and looks at Taehyung.

Taehyung lets out a sigh. "Just call him Kook, Mom. And Haru still steals from Ajumma's purse?"

"Don't try to change the topic now," Mrs Kim glares at Taehyung. "Are you really going to marry that girl? Are you planning to settle in Emerald with her?"

"Of course. He even bought a big house there with my money. Oh, did you already get a British citizenship, Taehyung-ah?" Mr Kim asks wryly. Taehyung doesn't say anything. He hasn't got British citizenship yet, but of course, he had planned to settle in Emerald with Freya. But now he thinks, he'll just sell the house and come back.